Solar 3-way valve control - manual schedule mode?

norcalpool1

Silver Supporter
Sep 16, 2017
Silicon Valley,CA
My pool has the full Pentair EasyTouch 8P setup with a 3-way valve for directing the water either to the pool or to the rooftop solar heat collectors.

Is there a way to turn the solar valve on or off from the Screenlogic interface regardless temperature? When I turn the solar switch on or off, the easytouch still takes the temperature difference into account and only works in the automatic mode. When the clouds move in once in a while, the valve turns to the other position emptying the collector panels.

I would like to set a manually created schedule for the solar valve and have it work regardless of the temperature difference. Is that possible anywhere on Screenlogic interface or do I have to rewire a few things?

That is the way it is designed to work.

If you keep the solar active when clouds move in and the temperature drops you will draw heat out of the water and reduce efficiency.

Not sure if you can do this on Easy-Touch but Intellicenter allows you to change the differential to account for different lead-lag in your system. @Jimrahbe can you do this with ET?

If you to put this valve on a schedule solar performance will suffer and it can be by a LOT.

Chris

Nor,

As far as I know, there is no way to manually schedule solar built into the EasyTouch.

You could do some type of hack, where you control the solar valve movement using one of the Aux relays... maybe..

Or fake out the temp probe with a fixed resistor controlled by an Aux relay.. ???

Thanks,

Jim R.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.