Ma
Pool Size
Surface
Vinyl
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Hayward Aqua Rite (T-15)
When using the pool math app is sodium bisulfate the same as dry acid?

Ok. That’s what I currently have. I just tested my TA and also PH.

TA. 100-110
PH. 8
I was planning to use some to lower PH, is that not a good idea? Also I’m assuming if PH is greater then 8 I will get a real dark purple?
I am using a Taylor K-2006.
Thanks for the help!

What type of pool do you have? Do you have a SWCG? Please fill out your signature.

Sodium Bisulfate adds sulfates to your pool water. They are only removed by draining the pool. Sulfates destroy plaster/concrete and metals.

It's use is up to you. You can use it to lower your pH. I suggest you lower your pH to 7.6 from the 8 you are measuring now.

I filled out my signature with my information.
So my best bet is using muriatic acid to lower the PH? I assume I am ok to use the pool today at the current levels? What is the recommendation for wait times if I use dry or muriatic acid?
Your help is appreciated.

I moved your information to your signature. Thank you.
With a SWCG, you should not use dry acid. Your SWCG manufacturer spells that out in the owners manual.
You should use muriatic acid. Store the jug separately, in a plastic container like a 5 gallon bucket, with lid. Store it outside, not near any metals.

Add the muriatic acid into the return stream of the pool, pump running. If you wish, you can brush the area after you add it.
The pool is safe to enter within 15 minutes after adding the acid.

Ok. When you say the return I assume I can poor it in front of the skimmer or near the 2 main drains? Is there a recommendation on what strength to buy?
Lastly I will not be around to do this until late tonight, Amy reason the kids can’t use the pool?
Thanks.

In a pool, the return is where the water 'returns' to the pool.

The skimmer and main drain are the suctions. Where water is 'suctioned' to the pump.

Kids can swim in the elevated pH. If they complain of itchy or red eyes, that is why.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.