So… How’d everyone’s Labor Day go ?

So feel free to omit any overly embarrassing parts not fit for a family oriented forum……. But we need some sauce here. What happened ?
It’s not real epic- I attempted to walk when my foot was asleep, tripped over my own toes & basically tried to walk on the top of my foot. If it had of been my other foot it would’ve probably been ok but this one doesn’t bend past 90 degrees as it’s been surgically reconstructed.
Luckily the only screws that are loose are the ones in my head that were like that before 🤪 but I get to spend at least a month with my new friend. Just glad my new friend isn’t plaster or a metal plate.

• Wow
Reactions: HeyEng and Newdude
So, I know you guys are dying to know about the beer fridge. Unfortunately, the compressor did lock up. So, the big issue is getting rid of the old one. If my wife allows it I might get the $200 Chinese chest freezer special at Wal-Mart sometime before the end of the year. Even with the proper compressor delay programmed into the "Inkbird" controller, I suspect running these as a fridge shortens their life a bit. I did get 6 years out of it. We will see. Bummer massively though even though I haven't been brewing much lately. I figured it cost me about $2.50/mo plus electricity to have for the last 6 years but it's still a bummer.

So, I know you guys are dying to know about the beer fridge. Unfortunately, the compressor did lock up. So, the big issue is getting rid of the old one. If my wife allows it I might get the $200 Chinese chest freezer special at Wal-Mart sometime before the end of the year. Even with the proper compressor delay programmed into the "Inkbird" controller, I suspect running these as a fridge shortens their life a bit. I did get 6 years out of it. We will see. Bummer massively though even though I haven't been brewing much lately. I figured it cost me about $2.50/mo plus electricity to have for the last 6 years but it's still a bummer.
Scrap it & use the proceeds towards its replacement (or just beer 🍺) - here compressors are bringing 30 cents a lb. - i just scrapped 620#’s of them today. 😁

Scrap it & use the proceeds towards its replacement (or just beer 🍺) - here compressors are bringing 30 cents a lb. - i just scrapped 620#’s of them today. 😁
Yeah, it's just a pain to haul it off to the dump (or recycler) and buy another one... Need to dispose of it on the next weekday I have off and then maybe I buy another one on my Christmas break when I have time to redo the tap collar... Or not.. but if not then I need to start selling off my "Cornelius" kegs and brewing equipment (I'll keep at least a couple of kegs, they are great pressure bottles for many uses). I guess maybe at 72 lbs mostly metal, I could at least come out even on the disposal. It is R-600a, Isobutane, so I don't think there are any "Freon" concerns in disposal...

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.