So confused, CC levels going up during SLAM? Started normal

May 7, 2017
Northern NJ
So Sunday morning I pulled the cover off the pool and noticed a few small green spots on the floor. I swept the bottom and then ran to the store to get LC. None to be found so I bought bleach and started the SLAM. I have been SLAMing since so about 36hours. My CYA was low and I did not notice so I raised that earlier today and have been adding bleach to keep the SLAM going. I think I have used like 14 jugs of bleach. Anyway, I started the SLAM because I saw the green algae stuff that I was able to brush off the floor. My first reading before starting the SLAM my FC was about 5 and my CC was .5. Everything looked good except for the green marks on the floor. Since I have been SLAMing the CC is raising. It went up to 1 now it is up to 3. I failed the OCLT for Sunday night. I am running it again tonight but I am sure I will fail since the CC is now up to 3. I have swept Sunday and Monday. I will check the ladder tomorrow. Why is the CC going up???? Have not seen any more green since I swept the first time.

The CC goes up because the chlorine is attacking organics. That is a good thing. You caught this early so it should go quickly.

I hope so because I am getting a collection of jugs here, lol. The recycling guy is going to get suspicious!

Haha...I was thinking the exact same thing. I have 25 jugs (so far) from my slam and recycling isn't until Thursday. It'll look awfully suspicious to both the garbage men...and my neighbors.

"Look honey, we have Heisenburg living next door to us" :p

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.