adamdoc

Sep 7, 2022
Atlanta, GA
Hi all - brand new pool owner, so go easy on me...

We have a CoverPools cover and a Jandy/iAqualink control setup. We have the Jandy-CoverPools module set up so that we can have automatic disabling of features that would floor the cover when it's closed...

We now have a shutoff via a Jandy-connected actuator for Spillover Mode from the spa (I have a toggle in the app), that has to be set either on or off with regard to where the water is sent from the filter pump...

The only bummer is that I prefer a balanced return to the spa AND the pool when we're swimming. Because of the cover's shutoff needs, and the actuator being a binary thing, we either have all water to the spa or all water to the pool...

IF we get a Smart JVA module, I have three questions:

1. Can we still have the current setup for Spillover Mode for cover purposes, at 100%/0% and STILL manually go to a 50-50% when we swim?
2. If we can do a 50-50%, can that be a separate button?
3. Do we need a new actuator to do this, or is the SmartJVA module all we need?

Thanks for the input!

Adam

Hi all - brand new pool owner, so go easy on me...

We have a CoverPools cover and a Jandy/iAqualink control setup. We have the Jandy-CoverPools module set up so that we can have automatic disabling of features that would floor the cover when it's closed...

We now have a shutoff via a Jandy-connected actuator for Spillover Mode from the spa (I have a toggle in the app), that has to be set either on or off with regard to where the water is sent from the filter pump...

The only bummer is that I prefer a balanced return to the spa AND the pool when we're swimming. Because of the cover's shutoff needs, and the actuator being a binary thing, we either have all water to the spa or all water to the pool...

IF we get a Smart JVA module, I have three questions:

1. Can we still have the current setup for Spillover Mode for cover purposes, at 100%/0% and STILL manually go to a 50-50% when we swim?
2. If we can do a 50-50%, can that be a separate button?
3. Do we need a new actuator to do this, or is the SmartJVA module all we need?

Thanks for the input!

Adam

You can set the SmartJVA to the percent it will use when called upon. You set it and save it and that is what it uses until you reset it again. You can set it on the fly without saving it I believe, however.

You can't program a macro or function that goes to a different preset percent. Once you set it, all functions go to that percent until you set it again.

You will plug your existing JVA into the SmartJVA module. Then that goes into Aqualink where the SmartJVA used to go. You can use multiple SmartJVAs - they daisy chain together.

1662575071213.png
1662575081326.png

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.