Small sink spots after 1 year

Newdude

Jun 16, 2019
NY
I have 3 exact baseball holes in a vinyl IG pool. One in each deep end corner and one at a seem at the wall where the slope hits the deep end. They showed up around year 3 and havent gotten larger the last 4. The ground underneath them seems hard and not mushy. No idea how/what/why and only at the seams. I have other divots/wrinkles.... no liner is perfect, but the other defects are irregular in shape.

kimkats

Mod Squad
LifeTime Supporter
Jul 10, 2012
Tallahassee, FL
Good morning! That seems too "perfect" in shape to be natural but like @Newdude most of us with vinyl pools has stuff like that. No idea how or why. So long as it is not mushy or soft it should be fine. (I think mine was cause by a certain husband that likes to jump into the pool but he is not talking LOL)

Kim:kim: (@Dirk you are correct I was fast asleep when you "called" :hug:)

Casey

TFP Expert
LifeTime Supporter
Apr 16, 2007
SW PA
Indents like this are not life threatening to a liner. As long as they dont get bigger, you're not losing water or as previously mentioned, mushy. They are just unsightly.

kimkats

Mod Squad
LifeTime Supporter
Jul 10, 2012
Tallahassee, FL
WHAT???? WOW! We can all learn from this one. I wonder why the holes are there? I would be putting a dot of something on them to keep it from happening again. THANKS for sharing!

Reactions: Newdude

AusPhil

Jan 23, 2018
Canberra ACT
ANTS !!!! would be my guess.... when i first levelled the area for my AGP and had a few similar looking holes appear in the hard clay that had been at least 12-18" under the topsoil .... it wasn't till i seen the actual ants that it clicked .... under a liner they can't build up the mound around the hole it just all collapses down.