Small sink spots after 1 year

mrdorkdar

Nov 23, 2017
Lake Forest, CA
So there are small sink spots at the bottom of my pool on the sides where each support beam is on the outer edge. It looks as if someone took a baseball and pushed down on the liner about half the depth of the ball. Anyone else seen this? (Photo attached)

Attachments

• DC53FD17-9C58-46E9-A70B-B75C39D56B91.jpeg
    DC53FD17-9C58-46E9-A70B-B75C39D56B91.jpeg
    409.4 KB · Views: 80
Kim is our resident above ground pool guru. I was bumping your thread to help her find it, but she's on the East Coast...

I have 3 exact baseball holes in a vinyl IG pool. One in each deep end corner and one at a seem at the wall where the slope hits the deep end. They showed up around year 3 and havent gotten larger the last 4. The ground underneath them seems hard and not mushy. No idea how/what/why and only at the seams. I have other divots/wrinkles.... no liner is perfect, but the other defects are irregular in shape.

Good morning! That seems too "perfect" in shape to be natural but like @Newdude most of us with vinyl pools has stuff like that. No idea how or why. So long as it is not mushy or soft it should be fine. (I think mine was cause by a certain husband that likes to jump into the pool but he is not talking LOL)

Kim:kim: (@Dirk you are correct I was fast asleep when you "called" :hug:)

Indents like this are not life threatening to a liner. As long as they dont get bigger, you're not losing water or as previously mentioned, mushy. They are just unsightly.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
FIGURED IT OUT! After getting a rip in the liner I ripped out the liner. After looking I noticed this.... (photo). So the beams on the floor under the sand have little screw holes for various applications, but the sand is falling into these holes and creating the sink holes. Can’t believe it.

Attachments

• 513C56E0-DC66-43C7-94BE-413229EB36D7.jpeg
    513C56E0-DC66-43C7-94BE-413229EB36D7.jpeg
    698.9 KB · Views: 26
ANTS !!!! would be my guess.... when i first levelled the area for my AGP and had a few similar looking holes appear in the hard clay that had been at least 12-18" under the topsoil .... it wasn't till i seen the actual ants that it clicked .... under a liner they can't build up the mound around the hole it just all collapses down.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.