Small Pool Build - Brisbane, Australia [emoji1037]

I do think you have a good pool builder and don't mean to bag anyone out, but I think sometimes they just do what they've always done and don't have much empathy or use their critical thinking skills, in this case to consider what the robot is up to. The robot is doing 95% of the brushing your pool needs. I would only do the spots it misses, ledges and the like.

Take a break. Ave a beer mate.

I’d love a beer but I’d prefer the extra sleep! My night time brushing is generally about 11pm. Agree about the pb.

Funny how the pump running without extra stuff in it makes such a difference LOL :roll:

It is really starting to clear up!

Kim:kim:

lol I know right?! It is. I’m feeling a little more at ease. I was stressed because I knew something wasn’t right. Have a ton of questions for handover and in one respect it’s good that it’s the pool company... they’re not already sick of my questions [emoji23]

A lot are specific to equipment. I will write a list before handover. Of course I will come here for anything I’m not happy with or they don’t answer. Things like warranties, problem solving maintenance etc. All my general questions and future chemistry questions will if course be here!

Omg. Nothing like learning about your equipment on the fly. Got home tonight and ph had shot up to 8.5. I don’t feel
any scale yet. Chlorine is also higher than it should be. Turned swg down and taught myself how to manually dose acid via the chlorinator. Went slowly although had put the stats into pool maths so know how much I should have added if it was regular acid rather than diluted. Got it to budge down to 8.4 and it’s currently dosing more. Will see where it is in the morning and dose more if need be. I’m so annoyed as pb states they will look after the pool until handover. Well they’re doing a terrible job and all levels are exceeding their own start up requirements. I am feeling a bit more confident with the equipment now so will make sure I get the levels down. Pool company guy is calling me tomorrow to book in a time for handover so will run him through everything that has been happening and ask his advise for immediate action I should take as far as settings go on the chlorinator. It’s not that I don’t know where the levels should be per pebble requirements, it’s getting them there with this stupid automation. It seems it hasn’t been doing as it should so programming needs tweaking. I guess on a positive note I certainly have chlorine! I had none when I last tested so that’s a good thing. I do feel more empowered despite the dramas. Does our pb build good pools? Yes. Is communication and follow good. No.

Liz, just think of the poor people who have not found TFP :( They don't know what should be or how to get there and their plaster pays the price.

Exactly! I was willing to let them do their thing but this called for intervention and really showed how little they are looking after it. Things seemed fine on Wednesday and things finally appeared to be on track. Yesterday looked pretty good though. Today not so. I really think it’s just how this automation is set up. Happy to keep it manually on track until handover. I will be politely texting pb in the am as I think he works Saturdays. Not that I really care. My pool is not being cared for as it should be (by their own recommendations) Happy now that I’ve unofficially handed over to myself lol.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
My pool is not being cared for as it should be (by their own recommendations) Happy now that I’ve unofficially handed over to myself lol.

I think the majority of PB's just don't overly care in regards to start up.

I have yet to hear anything regarding the water in my pool from the PB. Officially they will not handover until the coping is complete but that will be a couple more weeks away - While I have a FG pool which is more forgiving, I'm sure I would have a swamp by now if I did not step in and start managing the water.

Now that IS happy news! Someone who REALLY seems to know about water levels and how to fix it! NICE!

I guess this is the pool company’s bread and butter. Really happy to have them out to do handover now after this past week. Just hope they don’t try and get me to sign some sort of care contract! I will just smile and nod when he suggests bringing a sample into them on a regular basis!

I think the majority of PB's just don't overly care in regards to start up.

I have yet to hear anything regarding the water in my pool from the PB. Officially they will not handover until the coping is complete but that will be a couple more weeks away - While I have a FG pool which is more forgiving, I'm sure I would have a swamp by now if I did not step in and start managing the water.

I’m glad it’s not just mine then. We have been very happy overall with the build so I guess the lack of interest in the water just surprises me. You’ve had water for longer than me so yeah you would have swap by now. Thank goodness for TFP! At least your shell would have been no worse for wear though.

Small Pool Build - Brisbane, Australia ??

I can sleep a bit better tonight. Ph took so much acid over 2 days to get to this point. I’d say well over 2 litres in total. It kept creeping back up between doses. Should be easier to keep it down now. On to other levels tomorrow.

Pool maths is really confusing me though as it said to add .13 litres to get it from 8.5 to 7.5. Pool company guy said to add 1.5 litres and see where it was. I don’t get it. Double checked all my pool settings. Plus that was with 14.5% acid (for the higher 29% it said .063 litres). My acid is around 32% I think... there’s no option for that so I don’t know how I will be able to use the app to accurately work out my dosage.

e6e94ee7c7dd8c6ff834cd12a2c837e2.jpg

Last edited:
Liz do you mean the TFP Pool Math app?

Ph going up is from the new plaster. After a while (3 months to a year) it will start to slow down. That is when we can fine tune your Ph and TA levels. Each pool is SO different that we will work on yours to see what it likes once the plaster is fully cured.

Liz do you mean the TFP Pool Math app?

Ph going up is from the new plaster. After a while (3 months to a year) it will start to slow down. That is when we can fine tune your Ph and TA levels. Each pool is SO different that we will work on yours to see what it likes once the plaster is fully cured.

Yes the TFP pool math app. I had created another post and have been told it needs all levels entered to work though. So that explains that.

Definitely the new plaster driving it up. Good that I know now how to push it back down with this system. I’ll get there.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.