Slowly progressing...

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
After breakfast we started with the wall...

pool wall.jpg

...then the rain started, then it got heavier...my wife and I were putting this wall up in the pouring rain! lol
It was actually refreshing, and it got rid of the gnats that were bothering us!

2 Saturdays in a row with rain really sucks, it’s the only day where I’m off all day and night...but at least it’s starting to look like a pool now with the wall up! woo hoo! lol

I guess I can work on the electrical from my sub-panel to the outlet box mounted outside.

Last edited:
Looking good!

If there are any areas that look like the paint is coming off or small rust spots, now would be the time to spray with rust inhibitor paint. It will take a day or two in the humidity to dry. If its hot sun, it does not cure well. Ask me how I know. :pale:

Looking good!

If there are any areas that look like the paint is coming off or small rust spots, now would be the time to spray with rust inhibitor paint. It will take a day or two in the humidity to dry. If its hot sun, it does not cure well. Ask me how I know. :pale:
Thanks!...I will look closer at the wall tomorrow after I clean it up a little, thanks for the tip!

Following your thread and it is great!

On the mosquitoes, get a 96 fl.oz. jug of Bifen I/T off amazon, treat the whole yard once, and then again a week or two after. Treat then every three months. Mosquitoes will be gone after the week or two treatment, all other bugs will be gone after the first treatment. 96 fl.oz makes 96 gallons, and each gallon will treat about 1000 sq.ft. (if I remember correctly). $35 for the Bifen I/T and $10 for a 2 gallon sprayer - beats by far (a factor of 10x) the cost of the big store pre-diluted gallon jugs and for the same coverage but better performance and you DIY it. The only problem is it takes a little longer to get rid of sweat bees.

Bifen I/T

Search also for other recommendations of Bifen on TFP.

We did get a little done today after work before the mosquitoes came out. I finished planting the last block so I could get the other 2 delta uprights bolted in...

gPKfKT.jpg

We also started bringing the sand in, but it was too dark to snap a pic.

GOOD! I was thinking about your sand piles and how much of it would be taken if you used it to make a cove. I do NOT like sand for a cove. To me there is too much of a chance of it washing out. Then the liner could sneak out under the wall :shock:

Okay here is a couple of tips for you.
-hard plumb with schedule 40 pipe.
-Have a valve under the skimmer and return so you can close them when you need to work on the equipment.
-unions on everything so you do not have to cut pipe to work on it or remove it
-under you skimmer and return.......dig down about 3" and out far enough to put a couple of 12" steppers or such. Fill the hole back up with gravel. Cover with the steppers making sure they have a slight slant away from the pool. Use care to not have the rocks or steppers touching the pool. This will help keep the skimmer overflowing from washing out your sand bottom. I see this as planning ahead for large rain, pipe failure, etc. I also learned this from experience before we hard plumbed and one of the hoses came off :(

Kim:kim:

Following your thread and it is great!

On the mosquitoes, get a 96 fl.oz. jug of Bifen I/T off amazon, treat the whole yard once, and then again a week or two after. Treat then every three months. Mosquitoes will be gone after the week or two treatment, all other bugs will be gone after the first treatment. 96 fl.oz makes 96 gallons, and each gallon will treat about 1000 sq.ft. (if I remember correctly). $35 for the Bifen I/T and $10 for a 2 gallon sprayer - beats by far (a factor of 10x) the cost of the big store pre-diluted gallon jugs and for the same coverage but better performance and you DIY it. The only problem is it takes a little longer to get rid of sweat bees.

Bifen I/T

Search also for other recommendations of Bifen on TFP.
Thanks!

...and thanks for the tips and usage on Bifen, I will definitely check that out!

GOOD! I was thinking about your sand piles and how much of it would be taken if you used it to make a cove. I do NOT like sand for a cove. To me there is too much of a chance of it washing out. Then the liner could sneak out under the wall :shock:
Exactly!...that’s why I went with the foam cove.

kimkats said:
Okay here is a couple of tips for you. Thanks!
-hard plumb with schedule 40 pipe.
Done!
-Have a valve under the skimmer and return so you can close them when you need to work on the equipment.
Done!
-unions on everything so you do not have to cut pipe to work on it or remove it
​Done!
-under you skimmer and return.......dig down about 3" and out far enough to put a couple of 12" steppers or such. Fill the hole back up with gravel. Cover with the steppers making sure they have a slight slant away from the pool. Use care to not have the rocks or steppers touching the pool. This will help keep the skimmer overflowing from washing out your sand bottom. I see this as planning ahead for large rain, pipe failure, etc. I also learned this from experience before we hard plumbed and one of the hoses came off :(

Kim:kim:
I’m not sure what you mean by 12” steppers...maybe we call it something different?...or I just have no idea what you’re talking about. lol

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.