Slight, slight greenish tinge to pool water...

May 31, 2022
Connecticut
Pool Size
Surface
Fiberglass
Chlorine
Liquid Chlorine
Hi all!

I can't quite seem to kick a slight green tinge to my pool water and it's driving me insane. When the sun hits it you can just notice a bit of a green hue... assumed it was Algae and went the SLAM route.

After SLAM got TC/FC up over 15 with CYA around 30 two days ago, here's this morning's levels (TaylorK-2005):

TC: 3-6
FC: 3-6
PH: 7.8
TA: 140
CYA: 30

I think I can rule out algae, so is there any other reason the pool could have a very slight greenish hue? Would lowering PH/TA with acid make the water clearer?

Thank you!!

Just guessing, but iron in the water can do that. It’s actually yellow, but with a blue pool it looks green. High chlorine levels and high pH both tend to make iron in the water visible.

You can not test FC above 10 with a K2005. Obtain a FAS-DPD test kit to accurately measure FC/CC.

John - I appreciate the tip! I added a quart of MA to lower PG and TA and will let the TC continue to fall to see if that solves the issue. Thank you for the help!

Marty - I unfortunately found this forum WELL after buying the pool, equipment, and much too much in the way of chemicals at Leslie's. When my current kit runs out I'll follow forum guidelines and get better testing gear. Hoping to use BBB to recoup some losses!

Thank you gents!

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.