Pool Size
Surface
Vinyl
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Autopilot Digital Nano+ PPC2
Hello,
not sure what to expect, I started slamming my pool Sunday for the first time to get clearer water.
I was able to clearly see the bottom at 4' but at the deep end 5.5', it's somewhat clear, but blurry/fuzzy.
After 3 days of adding 10% bleach, to get to 29 FC, I don't see any improvement in water clarity.
I haven't cleaned the wall every day, just Sunday and today, but I have run the robot once or twice a day.
I don't see the FC dropping much or at all overnight.
Any thoughts ? many thanks in advance
Fred

PS: I assume you guys can see my log from PoolMath, let me know if not

Looking at your Poolmath logs, your latest CYA test appears to be about 80, so that requires a SLAM FC level of 31 according to the FC/CYA Levels. That could be part of your problem. Also keep in mind the duration of a SLAM Process varies by pool based on owner maintenance, cleaning, and FC consistency. So be sure to review that article each day and maintain the proper FC level as best as you can. BE patient as well, it works. Don't stop until you pass all 3 SLAM criteria. Good luck!

Be sure to clean your filter when pressure is 25% above clean level. The more you test during
a SLAM, the faster it will clear. Try to test 2-3 times a day to maintain (the M in SLAM) the chlorine
level so it can do it’s thing.

Reactions: blake4205
thanks @Lilypad @Texas Splash. I will continue the process.
PoolMath says my slam level is 29 FC
Walls and floor look clean, OK to continue using mostly robot and manual every 2 days ?
There is a lot of pollen in the air, spring in St Louis. Could that be a factor ?

thanks.

You can use the robot no problem. You might give it a good rinsing when you pull it out though just to be safe. Pollen causes additional stress on water, but if water circulation, skimming, and water chemistry are in order it shouldn't be a big problem.

full

Reactions: Soximus
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.