Slamming my pool help please

Can you find muratic acid in a nearby paint store? Ever make it to Augusta (Lowes, Home Depot) That would be better than dry acid. Also, don't use TA up, use Baking Soda, it's the same thing just much cheaper :)

Oh and D, can you please put your pool, equipment and test kit in your siggy please? Setting-upper right, edit signature-middle left. Pool kind, size in gals, kind of filter and what test kit. That will help us see it at a glance.

We will get your TA and PH stable. It will take a little tweaking but once it is done you will love how easy it is!

:kim:

D, look down at the bottom of this post. You can see how my pool info and MOD stuff is "stuck" on the bottom. Every time I post it shows. I have the box checked that says "Show your signature". It is much easier when it shows on all of your posts for those of us that work on many threads each day.

Kim where is the box at?
In general settings there is 3 boxes that are checked
Show Signature
Show Avatars
Show Images they all are checked

15k gal, AG vinyl, 1 1/2 Hp Hayward 1 speed powerflo, High rate sand filter maxium working pressure 50 psi.

Full test

FC. 2.5. Added 35 ozs bleach
CC 0
pH. 7.8. Added 18 ozs muriatic acid
TA 130
CH 170 I was told not to check this
but is it to high?
CYA. 30

CSI 0.3 Pool math says -0.52
Do I need to be concern with
this?

I feel like I am having to add to much acid

Thanks
Darlene

Sorry so late

i hope all info is on here.

Thank you

Last edited:
Does this show all my info about my pool? Show signature is checked

- - - Updated - - -

Kim where is the box at?
In general settings there is 3 boxes that are checked
Show Signature
Show Avatars
Show Images they all are checked

15k gal, AG vinyl, 1 1/2 Hp Hayward 1 speed powerflo, High rate sand filter maxium working pressure 50 psi.

Full test

FC. 2.5. Added 35 ozs bleach
CC 0
pH. 7.8. Added 18 ozs muriatic acid
TA 130
CH 170 I was told not to check this
but is it to high?
CYA. 30

CSI 0.3 Pool math says -0.52
Do I need to be concern with
this?

I feel like I am having to add to much acid

Thanks
Darlene

Sorry so late

i hope all info is on here.

Thank you

The box is checked Kim why it is not showing I do not know.

Good morning Kim

Yes I use my phone for all replies.
I know
I sent one by hitting the reply arrow that one did not have it the othet was reply with quote.

This one is reply to thread at the bottom. Tell me is it thete?

You did not tell me about my pH TA

Thanks

Trying to figure it out

Last edited:

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Your siggy did not show on the above post.

PH and TA..............Here is a link on how to lower you TA:

Pool School - Lower Total Alkalinity

You will have to do some tweaking for find what YOUR pool wants the TA at. Some pools like a TA of 80 some 50. Once you find the TA your pool likes your PH will become a lot more stable.

I would lower your TA to 90 and see what your PH does. If it keeps jumping up then push your TA to 80 and see what your PH does. It will take a little while to fine tune it.

Just know cannon balls and heavy rain will also push your PH up. Just keep that in mind.

Let me know how it goes and we will work on it together.

Your siggy did not show on the above post.

PH and TA..............Here is a link on how to lower you TA:

Pool School - Lower Total Alkalinity

You will have to do some tweaking for find what YOUR pool wants the TA at. Some pools like a TA of 80 some 50. Once you find the TA your pool likes your PH will become a lot more stable.

I would lower your TA to 90 and see what your PH does. If it keeps jumping up then push your TA to 80 and see what your PH does. It will take a little while to fine tune it.

Just know cannon balls and heavy rain will also push your PH up. Just keep that in mind.

Let me know how it goes and we will work on it together.

Thanks Kim,

The night before pH was 8.0 and TA was 120 I added 24 oasis of muriatic acid then I vacuum and added more water

i looked at what you said about the TA so true cause looked at the difference in totals added acid and water look it should have brought down both but after adding water the TA was back up.

pH 7.8 and TA 130 added acid 18 ohs

So you are correct

Thanks Dear

so weird about your siggy! It seems as if about 1/3 of your posts has it ???? No idea why for me

We will figure that out also in a while I bet! LOL

You really seem to have a good handle on what you are doing. I am also going to point you to a nifty area of TFP:

Pool School - Table of Contents

This is where I get my links from. You are going to out pace me in a short while LOL This way you will not have to wait for me to show up. BUT make sure to ask any and all questions as you have them! NO question is too small or silly.

- - - Updated - - -

D, if the goal is to lower TA you should push your PH down to 7.2 (goal amount in Pool Math) then turn on anything that will aerate the water......fountains, waterfalls, turn the returns so they face up and roll the water good. This will all push the PH back up.

-Take PH up to 7.8 as fast as you can.

-Push PH down to 7.2 using M.A.

Do this over and over and it will take the TA down some at a time. It is a process that will take a little time (how much I have no idea).

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.