Slamming CC at 0 still cloudy keep going?

Ferreira

Jun 12, 2021
Sterling, MA
Pool Size
Surface
Vinyl
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
Hi all! Love this site and the camaraderie here. I am a new home and pool owner. After clearing the swamp off my pool cover, fixing a stuck pump, and more, I have started the SLAM process. I work from home so have been able to stay on it and use child labor as well, brushing at least once a day, vacuuming daily, cleaning filter daily.

So my question is, I have CC of 0 but still cloudy and will check for oclt test tonight/tomorrow morning. My FC has drifted down to where I need to add chlorine per the slam process, but why? It seems like with 0 cc there's nothing for the chlorine to attack? In my head I can let it drift to normal levels, then maintain with my swg and just keep the filter working optimally to clear up the debris suspended in the water?

I am concerned that maybe some other element of my water is making it cloudy but I can't test for that because fc is still high, so I'm tempted to let it drift down. Thoughts?

Welcome to the forum!
Follow the SLAM Process. In the article, the three criteria for a successful SLAM are shown. First is crystal clear water.
CC is the least definitive criteria. You can have 0 CC and a pool full of algae.
I suggest you read ABC's of Pool Water Chemistry.

Reactions: Ferreira
Season 1 Omg GIF by Friends

Reactions: Ferreira
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.