SLAM timeline

While you can often times find unions and fittings on pool sites online, Amazon often times has them as well. If you know the dimensions you need they have many of them. If in doubt, Inyopools has a good selection and they can assist on the phone. For the SWG control unit module, they are designed to be outside, however if you have the ability to give it some protection I think that's a great idea. I put mine under a small lean-to which protects it from direct sunlight and rain. Others have even gotten creative here and made a tint enclosure for it.
Thanks! Mine would be under the small ease and not in direct sunlight most of the day. I just know that most electronics do not like over 85F and leads to premature failure. I also see alot of wiring to the timer and having the SWG shut off with the pump providing double protection along with the float switch that it turns off when there is no water flow. I like this alot but wonder if the controller retains its settings

Last edited:
Deleted the original message- turns out inlet and outlet is the same fitting- they glued one on internal and the other external

Attachments

• 1629129340805.png
    1629129340805.png
    234 KB · Views: 6
Last edited:
I have changed my mind on the model SWG from Circupool- not going to go with the clear model and plastic covered controller but the PVC generator and Metal cover. Florida sun will likely degrade the clear plastic (I also read about folks with similar issues)

Looking at the Universal 55 now

Reactions: Mdragger88
That one should get u plenty of fc!
Its the one I’ve been eyeing. I also like the idea of the metal box better - however I do appreciate seeing the bubbles being produced with a clear cell housing.

That one should get u plenty of fc!
Its the one I’ve been eyeing. I also like the idea of the metal box better - however I do appreciate seeing the bubbles being produced with a clear cell housing.
I just don't want to trade one issue for another. many bright engineering ideas die in the field :) Also the guy came back with $375 installation charge (plumbing and electrical)- I am getting a bit lazy in my older age and that seems like a decent deal- all in I would be about $1800

Reactions: Mdragger88
Circupool says via their chat an SWG stops when under 65F and I see other posts here saying it's in the 50'sF- which is it? My pool gets to 60F in a cold winter here in Jacksonville Florida. Cold temps won't affect the FC much and bacteria will have a hard time as well but still would like to know if there needs to be some sort of preheater prior to the cell for winter

I also posted a cross thread on the clear plastic vs PVC- not sure If i should do that by asking that specific question over there

Thoughts about a bypass setup for the generator ? (this is so incase I have to do stain removal etc I can bypass the cell while doing so)
1629292928967.png

Last edited:
Thinking this as they do not appear to make a 4 way Pentair valve
1629314340154.png

Attachments

• 1629313492097.png
    1629313492097.png
    49.8 KB · Views: 4
Last edited:
Thoughts about a bypass setup for the generator ? (this is so incase I have to do stain removal etc I can bypass the cell while doing so)
View attachment 365460
That bypass has me concerned. Where's the flow switch as it would need to be in the regular SWCG loop and the bypassing loop would have to have cell and flow switch bypassed together otherwise I see a guaranteed explosion here.

That bypass has me concerned. Where's the flow switch as it would need to be in the regular SWCG loop and the bypassing loop would have to have cell and flow switch bypassed together otherwise I see a guaranteed explosion here.
Flow switch would be after the Pentair valve and before the Generator. Willing to not have a bypass but don't want to shoot a bunch of Vitamin C or other when it may be best not to. If I wire the SWG to the pump, then I do have a single point of failure on the flow switch in terms of the generator being on with no flow , but it should fail closed (i.e. turn off the generator) rather than fail open and remain on with no flow)- if not, then when i do bypass for other maintenance I can simply manually shut the SWG off at the controller for safety

1629314965343.png

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
After much deliberation in my head, I decided I am going with the RJ-60+ clear plastic and use clear latex paint to protect the cell as well as the shield on the controller. I will also install a small "hood" to protect the controller from any direct sunlight/rain- still figuring that out though

Doing a mock up and I will not have enough room- even with the filter turned unless I put the flow switch after the cell- which is allowed as I need at least 6" of straight pipe before the flow cell according to the instructions. Any concerns with that?

Doing a mock up and I will not have enough room- even with the filter turned unless I put the flow switch after the cell- which is allowed as I need at least 6" of straight pipe before the flow cell according to the instructions. Any concerns with that?
As you said it the flow switch CAN be after the cell to achieve the minimum 6" straight. I have an install just like it for three years problem free. Go for it.

Thanks - also any opinion on winter in a place like Jacksonville- my pool really does not go below 60F , and we get down to maybe 25F a couple nights and I do not winterize. I do not think the exposed cell will freeze but wonder if their bypass cell which looks like a pull out/put in is worth it. IF I can get my bypass to work (space may be an issue) then I do not see the need as I could pull the cell

Thanks - also any opinion on winter in a place like Jacksonville- my pool really does not go below 60F , and we get down to maybe 25F a couple nights and I do not winterize. I do not think the exposed cell will freeze but wonder if their bypass cell which looks like a pull out/put in is worth it. IF I can get my bypass to work (space may be an issue) then I do not see the need as I could pull the cell
We leave ours in in SC. No issues.

Thanks- the 55F mentioned in the video is 10 degrees less than what is in the Circupool manual ("RJ-Series will not produce choline at very cold temperatures, especially below 65F")
Every SWCG has different temperature cutoffs. And their temperature inputs are also not always all that accurate. So in general, about 60F water temperature, most SWCG's are no longer generating chlorine.

Saltwater spray from Polaris tail - anyone have a good solution to have the tail not spray do much? Next couple of days I will try to install the SWG and primed the pool today with salt. I see this
on Amazon but appears ot leave plastic chunks in concrete pool and falls off. Thanks!

I know I can adjust the Polaris to not "spit" as much but checking to see if anyone has something

Started the install- the connection on the bottom of the Pentair predator filter is not intuitive n how the snap ring keeps the component in place- there are no threads on the filter

Part in question is #12

Attachments

• Pentair cc150 connection.jpg
    Pentair cc150 connection.jpg
    145 KB · Views: 3
  • Filter parts from Pentair.png
    Filter parts from Pentair.png
    41.4 KB · Views: 3

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.