Jnasty84

May 31, 2021
York PA
Pool Size
Surface
Vinyl
Chlorine
Liquid Chlorine
I switched from a sand filter to a cartridge filter xstream Hayward, I’ve been having issues with the suction into the skimmer which is barely any and the return pressure is low, I even removed the valves and ran the hose straight to the pump and still same low pressure, I even bought a new pump 1.5hp Hayward and still same low pressure I can’t figure out what’s going on

The next most likely reason is you have algae. Can you post your current pool water chemistry test results from your own test kit?

Order a test kit now. See Test Kits Compared. I suggest the TF100 or TFPro from TFTestkits.net.

While you wait on your kit, if the water flow is hampered continuously, remove the cartridge filter and pump the water that way to distribute the 5 ppm FC worth of liquid chlorine you will add to the pool water each day.

There’s bubbles in the pump also

Attachments

• 6244D726-55A7-4ED4-9585-E49BED980A3B.jpeg
    6244D726-55A7-4ED4-9585-E49BED980A3B.jpeg
    808.7 KB · Views: 6
  • C96064DA-6F66-4F1E-A126-1F147CD047FE.jpeg
    C96064DA-6F66-4F1E-A126-1F147CD047FE.jpeg
    568 KB · Views: 7
OK - pictures count alot.
The water looks good. You still need a proper test kit, so get that ordered.
You have a suction side air leak. Check all connections from the pump to the pool on the suction side. Also check and lubricate the gasket for the pump basket lid. Use Pool Lube - Further Reading

OK - pictures count alot.
The water looks good. You still need a proper test kit, so get that ordered.
You have a suction side air leak. Check all connections from the pump to the pool on the suction side. Also check and lubricate the gasket for the pump basket lid. Use Pool Lube - Further Reading
I’ll get the test kit and lubricant and see if that helps, thanks

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.