SkimDevil

k9cline

LifeTime Supporter
May 31, 2014
Gilbert, Arizona
Does anyone have 'inside information' lol about when I can get my hands on the SkimDevil sx15 surface cleaner? Everyone is out of stock and the company hasn't tweeted since March 2018. Are they out of business?? I'm reading rave reviews about this machine and desperately need (ok want) one? - like yesterday. We are in Arizona in a somewhat rural area with lots of dust and trees that shed leaves like crazy with the summer monsoon winds. I'm tired? of just cleaning and fighting with my pool rather than getting in and enjoying it. My back is breaking from all the hand skimming, brushing, adding chemicals, etc just to keep it clean and free of algae. If any of you have a different surface skimmer that works well for you, I am all ears! Thanks in advance!

k9cline
Welcome to TFP :wave:
Not the SkimDevil, but very similar I believe. A few folks here on TFP have this model. You might do some searching here to obtain reviews etc and also search around on the Internet. Maybe you can find a better price than Amazon but probably not.

Last edited:
DebbieO
Thanks. I know what you mean. I keep looking at these and saying to myself, "wow, wouldn't that be pretty cool" :) But then I shake it off and come back to reality, as I would really like to replace my suction side cleaner with a Maytronics Robot, when the AquaNaut dies.

However, I think these might be useful to folks who can't or don't want to manually skim or their skimmers can't keep up with the volume of debris deposited on the surface. I have seen a couple of threads here on TFP, where the owners are pretty happy with them.

Anyway, please excuse me as I have to go outside and "skim my pool" with the net. :p
Take care and all the best.
r.
p.s. Some of these even have WiFi or Bluetooth capability so you can set poolside and just "drive them around". How cool is that? If I ever did have one of those, I see myself mounting LED navigation lights on it, maybe a small airhorn and mounting a small U.S. flag on the back of it. Beats having an RC boat for your pool that doesn't clean. :mrgreen:

Last edited:
Reactions: k9cline
k9cline
Welcome to TFP :wave:
Not the SkimDevil, but very similar I believe. A few folks here on TFP have this model. You might do some searching here to obtain reviews etc and also search around on the Internet. Maybe you can find a better price than Amazon but probably not.
Thank you! I was doing some research and decided to go with the Solar-Breeze nx2 and just placed my order?. Didn't realize the company was right here in AZ and not far from me in neighboring town. Also, if you order direct from their site there is a $50 discount code. Hopefully this little robot will do the extra work I need to keep my pool clean after our summer monsoon storms that blow through like one did last night at 8 pm???. Everything imaginable seemed to be in the pool afterwards - leaves, dust, dried grass, you name it?.

Reactions: MyAZPool

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
k9cline
Thank you for sharing your ordering experience regarding the NX2. Good information to know about the discount.
Please share how your NX2 stacked up against the monsoon debris from last night. I for one would be interested to know.
Yep, had to spend a little time this morning emptying baskets (not too hard since I use hairnets), skimming the surface with the net and brushing the steps and sides. Like I said in another post, at least my lounge chairs were not at the bottom of my pool this morning. We didn't get enough rain though. Just enough to make mud spots everywhere. I need to go out still and hose off the equipment at the pad. :p

Take care and good luck with your new NX2!
r.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.