Simple Salt System Cloudy Water after opening

Votro

May 28, 2022
Warren, Michigan
Hello,

I opened my pool this season on May 14th for the first time after purchasing a house and the previous owner showed me how to do it. It's a 15x30 4.5ft pool with around 11k gallons.

I have a cartridge filter and Simple Salt system with a copper diode. I have been running our pump nonstop since May 14th.

I put a bag and a half of salt 40 pound bags, bucket of prime on the first day. Then we added a bag of shimmer a day or two later. 1 bottle of vivid.

After a week we couldn't get the cloudiness to go away and the pool store near us recommended 4 pounds of Lo and Slo because the PH and alkalinity was high. This didn't work and we took another sample in 2 days later and they recommended more Lo and Slo. We added up to 10 pounds so far and that did bring the pH and alkalinity down to perfect levels, but a few days later it was offset again.

The pool store recommended 2 burnout 72 bags after we took them a pool sample. This didn't work again and we went to a new pool store.

The new pool store measured my salinity at 2200 ppm. He recommended 3-4 bags more of salt. I just added 3 bags 7 hours ago and it is still cloudy, we'll see tomorrow.

I'm hoping y'all can shed some knowledge on me this pool is kicking our butts.

Thanks for any help.

-Alec

Hey Alec, don't want to sound like a broken record but get a test kit :) Pool stores make money by selling expensive " magic potions " and most make your pool worse.
Trouble Free pools does sell a great kit or you can get the Taylor 2006C. I have had both and like the kit they sell. Here is a link to show you what to look for.

You can add the Taylor 1766 to see what your true PPM is.

But don't buy or add anything else they sell you :) To lower PH you probably just needed a gallon of Acid from Home depot for $9

Reactions: John85 and Votro
Remember, Simple Salt is NOT a Saltwater Chlorine Generator. It is a copper ionizer. It should be removed.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.