Siemens/Pentair GFCI on other panels (VSP)

Mar 10, 2016
San Diego
I see a lot of posts recommending Siemens/Pentair GFCI for VSP pumps. Specifically the QF215A/QF220A. But are people installing a new subpanel for just this one breaker, if they do not have a Siemens subpanel? I have Square D Homeline. Does anyone have this setup, a Homeline panel and Siemens breaker?

Just because you have a Homeline panel does not mean other breaker won't fit..

For some reason it's not seating right. I'll have to take another look but has anyone actually fitted it on there, and not have issues?
It can be done, but is difficult. The Siemans breaker is larger than the type BR that nomally fits that panel. Helps to pull the breaker neutral forward as much as possible away from the case.

For some reason it's not seating right. I'll have to take another look but has anyone actually fitted it on there, and not have issues?
Did you figure your issue out. I have a Square D panel and the Pentair breaker will not seat all the way in mine either. It looks like the electrified metal posts stick up a little on either side of the taller post and the back of the square d breakers have a slight cutout for it.

Call Sq D tech support. If their panel states Siemens compatibility, then let them trouble shoot it.

I have a Hywd automation panel and have successfully fitted both SQ D & Siemens DP 20amp GFCI breakers. The SQ D has a 5mA max rating while the seimens has a 6mA rating. That extra 1mA seems to make all the difference in the world for the electrical harmonics that are generated by VSP's.

Have all your spec's ready and call Sq D tech support and post back / good luck / tstex

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.