Show me your Privacy Fences

I don’t know about dwarf magnolias, but in Georgia I had the standard sized ones all the way down my driveway and they were terribly messy! The leaves were really thick and the seed pods were big and constantly falling. The dense shade and constant leaves on the ground killed the grass. Like I said, not sure about the dwarf, I think I had one by the garage, but I would watch them around the pool as they may been quite messy to keep clean.

This is along the lines of what my wife is looking to have.
3567259787a665eba1b61f31ab7b9739.jpg

These seem pretty easy to construct and shouldn’t take up to much room.

We should be able to replicate these and place them around the yard to strategically block some windows.

I don’t know about dwarf magnolias, but in Georgia I had the standard sized ones all the way down my driveway and they were terribly messy! The leaves were really thick and the seed pods were big and constantly falling. The dense shade and constant leaves on the ground killed the grass. Like I said, not sure about the dwarf, I think I had one by the garage, but I would watch them around the pool as they may been quite messy to keep clean.

+1. A ton of leaves. I have one in my front yard and I get it’s leaves in my back yard. Beautiful. But for the bloom time also not worth it. Blooms r gone in 48 hrs pretty much. At least the star variety r.

+1. A ton of leaves. I have one in my front yard and I get it’s leaves in my back yard. Beautiful. But for the bloom time also not worth it. Blooms r gone in 48 hrs pretty much. At least the star variety r.

Interesting, ours are call 'little gems' and I have not seen a leaf fall yet. Not sure if that is the little gem or climate that is having that effect, but in SoCal. they are highly sought after and excellent around 'our' pool....so far anyways :). I would most certainly agree, even in SoCal, stay away from the full size Magnolia's around a pool, they are a beast!

ok, back to privacy fences :D

I got these panel kits on Amazon several years ago to hide the pool equip pad. They might have some larger ones out there somewhere.
49e2d467ce6402e1559344f809f96890.jpg

Do you have a link for those? Looking for something similar to hide our pad.

I’ve searched all over and can not find a link. They were cheap and came as a kit that I had to build myself. Wonder if they just aren’t available anymore. Bought them about 5 years ago.

Does anyone have an opinion of mini mesh black chain link fencing in a wooded lot? It's already private by the trees.

I'm not sure I know what "mini mesh" black chain link is? I have black chain link in and around the trees on my lot and you can hardly see it due to the color. In my opinion they should outlaw any other color of chain link *but* black.

Maddie :flower:

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.