Should I up my CYA?

Jun 8, 2014
Rogers, AR
This is my first year with SWG. I always ran my CYA between 50-60 for the summer. This time of year it always drops and I usually let it go down and closed at 30 CYA. With the SWG should I raise it back up? It was down to 50 today from 70 all summer. The days are starting to cool down and swimming is getting to be less and less. I am closing on 10/29 so I have a ways to go yet. I am thinking of raising it back to 60 would that be sufficient or should I go back to 70? Thanks

Chris,

The only negative to having low CYA is that your FC will get used up faster.. If you are not having to run your SWCG at 90 or 100%, I just would not worry about it since you will be closing soon anyway.

Thanks,

Jim R.

What is your daily FC loss like at the 50 ppm CYA? If not excessive, let it be.
Ok thanks guys. I have been running it for 18 hours at 60% and it has been reading 8-10 and it has been in the 90’s for a couple of months. I am in full sun From 9 am until sunset and it is always windy here so I have to top off every couple of days and fight a lot of organic debris.

I have it going back up to 60 already so I will leave it there. Thanks again.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.