Should I cut the lawn

Welcome to TFP :)
First need to know what type of pool you have as their setup is vastly different... Easy Set or Metal Frame?

I suspect they used it, and took it down and the grass seems dead under it.

In my opinion it doesn't matter what you do to the grass, the pool on it isn't going to be the greatest thing.
But I wouldn't take it down all of the time. That seems like an awful lot of work and water for 2 days of use

Reactions: Wobblerlorri
Hi all

we had it up Friday to Sunday and to be honest it wasn’t too bad to put up or take down. The filling and then getting the water out was a hassle but not too bad.
The pool is an intex 12 ft above ground.

the grass was ok but my question is if I cut the grass a day or two before putting up the pool will it be better?
This weekend was a tryout and will have it up a little longer when we have a week off in a few weeks.
Thanks.

You really arent going to want to put the pool on the grass alone if you leave it up for over a week. If the grass isnt dead, enough light from the sun and water in the ground will keep it from dying fully, and it will be a risk to grow up thru the liner bottom of your pool. Put a tarp or somethig similar under your pool. My pool had a piece if grass grow thru the bottom last year and caused it to have a leak that i had to patch. Where the grass was i didnt quite have the tarp protecting the liner. I will say it is much easier to leave the pool up than spend several hours setting up and tearing down repeatedly. Plus the time adding water and draining it. You can do it however you wish, just giving you my experiences and opinions.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.