Bronze Supporter
May 13, 2020
Vancouver, Washington
Pool Size
Surface
Vinyl
Chlorine
Liquid Chlorine
So my septic system has failed. It’s dug up and we have 45 days to wait until my refi comes through with this open pit till we can pay the city their 22,000 to hook up to sewer. I could have a REAL nice pool for that cost! 😭😭😭😭 anyway do we think my pools in danger? It appears pretty solid but I worry. What would you do? We didn’t drain because getting it up and level this summer was SO much work. With the cold and wet I am in NO way wanting to take it down. Thoughts?

Attachments

• 62E22171-8994-417F-9160-3168978A3DBD.jpeg
    62E22171-8994-417F-9160-3168978A3DBD.jpeg
    614.9 KB · Views: 79
I have a BIG sad for you wallet :(

What I would do is get some wood and shore up the side of the hole to keep it from collapsing. I would also think about putting some pine straw or hay bales in the hole to keep if from filling up and washing out. I would make sure that hole has a place for the water to go when it does rain. Some kind of trench to direct the water where you want it to go. Make sure to keep your neighbors in mind when you tell the water where to go!

Good luck!

What kind of soil do you have? Looks like a lot of clay similar to mine.

If it's clay I'd say it's fine for quite a while. Of course if you get a ton of rain who knows.

But I'm not an expert by any means

How much rain do you get typically for the next 60 days.? Does a septic tank go back in the hole?
The hole is where the baffel box was I am concerned trying to shore it up will block the drain lines. They are draining SLOWLY they left the hole so if it’s too slow the stuff stays in the hole and does not go back into the house. Hard to say about the rain. It’s 45 days till our loan closes. Some days it will rain all day then we we will go a week.

I have a BIG sad for you wallet :(

What I would do is get some wood and shore up the side of the hole to keep it from collapsing. I would also think about putting some pine straw or hay bales in the hole to keep if from filling up and washing out. I would make sure that hole has a place for the water to go when it does rain. Some kind of trench to direct the water where you want it to go. Make sure to keep your neighbors in mind when you tell the water where to go!

Good luck!
I don’t know about filling it with anything because they are going to have to pump it all out when it’s time to decommission. Shoring up the sides I worry would Brock the drain lines?

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.