Should I add a SWG??

Filter pressure on low speed...I'll include a picture because there are only three marks before the 10....if they are 2 each, starting with 4, then it's 5 psi.....weird that there are only three marks before 10, but normal marks after...Why did you ask for this number? Will this help determine if it will generate chlorine on low?

Power cable -- he said when he unhooks the booster pump he can use that power to that pump to power the power pack for the cell instead of running another one (the run is about 10-15 feet, so it would save money i guess).
Cody,
Just a side note. The front rim of that gauge spins and has markings on it to note where the needle points to when it's at clean pressure. You align the clean mark to the needle when filter is just cleaned and it'll show you at what point filter has to be cleaned when it reaches the DIRTY arrow.

Cody,
Just a side note. The front rim of that gauge spins and has markings on it to note where the needle points to when it's at clean pressure. You align the clean mark to the needle when filter is just cleaned and it'll show you at what point filter has to be cleaned when it reaches the DIRTY arrow.
This is NOT what TFP recommends.
If you wait for a 10psi rise that is WAY!!! too long.
TFP recommends cleaning the filter when the pressure rises 20-25% over the clean pressure, and this should really be checked at a higher pump speed.

Make sure that they connect the SWG power supply to the pump low speed relay. Don't leave it connected to the booster relay.
Not sure about this. That would prevent the SWG from running when pump is on high speed.
Wonder if there is a way to make the "booster" relay slaved to be on if either the high or low speed relay is on.

Ok. They can power from the load side of the filter pump relay. Then, it will work on high or low.

You guys are talking way over my head....can you tell me specifically what to ask him about the install so I can make sure it's done correctly?

I was just going to tell him I want to ensure that the SWG will work when pump is on high or low, but I'm happy to be more technical with him if you can help.

Hopefully, they will know what they're doing. For safety, the SWG needs to be powered only when the pump is on. To do that, you connect the SWG power wires to the pump relay.

Okay, I'm going to pull the trigger. He can install Tuesday next week, so here is my plan leading up to that:

Order a test kit for salinity (which one???)
Once tested, start adding salt to get to 3000 ppm
Use liquid chlorine as normal
Use some trichlor shock in place of LC (i have some laying around that people throw in for me while I'm on vacation) to start to raise CYA

Anything else I can do on the front end?

Here are my current test results:

FC 6.0
pH 7.8
TA 90
CH 275
CYA 40 or 50
Water Temp 93

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
No harm in adding salt up to the middle or so of the range that your SWCG needs. Don't add the calculated amount all at once. Inch up on it for a few days to make sure you don't overdo it with the salt. I ended needing two fewer bags than I calculated, for some reason. Probably had to do with me messing up the initial salt level test. Also you should get some granulated stabilizer (CYA) to be ready to raise the CYA level once you have your system running properly.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.