Shock or not to shock

What kind of chlorine is hth?
Yes, it is best to test chlorine every day as chlorine is a consumable item in pools. You should add it each day also after testing. The chlorine level is based on the CYA level. With 30ppm CYA, that would make your target chlorine 5ppm and never below 2ppm.

Which test kit did you buy. The typical OTO chlorine test doesn’t have lines, it is a color match test.

I didn’t see the last post till now.... so I went to Leslie’s and bought DPD test Chlor Brite. Quick dissolving Concentrated chlorination granular. He said it had a stabilizer in it and not to add. Ingredients sodium dichloro-s-triazineteione dihydrate. I have hth chlorine liquid and hth stabilizer. I think I have too much stuff.

With CYA in the pool, 5ppm is what you want to bring your chlorine up to when you test. You should test daily and adjust chlorine as needed.

A basic OTO Taylor testing kit should be fine. They'll test chlorine and pH - with your seasonal pool, that's fine.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.