Agoura Hills, CA
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Pentair Intellichlor IC-40
My SWG was off for the winter. Last week, my FC level had dropped to 0.5 or 0. I noticed some color in the corners and hoped it was pollen, so I raised the FC to around 10 bc that was all the dichlor I had.

finally did a filter clean today and color is back in corners. Think I need to SLAM, but the pool is hot and kids want to swim.

poolmath says SLAM level is 18. Should I wait to slam or what is a safe chlorine level?

I saw in other threads that it’s below shock level, and clicked on the CYA/FC table, but that shows “normal.”

decisions decisions. Swim and SLAM next week or SLAM and swim through it?

With CYA of 40, SLAM FC is 16 ppm.
It is safe to swim up to that level. There may be CC from the chlorine killing the algae, and that may irritate eyes or noses.

With CYA of 40, SLAM FC is 16 ppm.
It is safe to swim up to that level. There may be CC from the chlorine killing the algae, and that may irritate eyes or noses.
Thanks so much. If the CC is 0 or 0.5 now, does that mean there’s no algae or the FC isn’t high enough to kill it?

I know dichlor will raise cya but is it still okay to slam with it if that’s what I have in hand?

Do not use dichlor to SLAM. Liquid chlorine.
The CC is readily burned off when sun is on the pool surface.

Do not use dichlor to SLAM. Liquid chlorine.
The CC is readily burned off when sun is on the pool surface.
So, the pool looks great, but I must have clicked something wrong on pool math and added an extra gallon of chlorine last night. It was about 22 FC last night and is about 21 today with 1.0 cc.

think it’s safe for swimming today?

thanks!

Check the FC before you swim. Should be down to 16 ppm. If much above, the chlorine may bleach out your swim clothes a bit.

Reactions: Ryan-Cal
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.