Houston, TX
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Hayward Aqua Rite Pro (T-15)
Water hit 90F yeaterday. I put in sail shades over the pool to give it some shade, otherwise there is NONE. #1 is up. We'll see how that works. I can put up to three up, but Mrs. Beard hates the view with all of them up.

20200705_124840.jpg

Reactions: Newdude
CamJam XT with 1/2 poly rope. I use a "Spring Link" carabiner at house/fence ends, tied in with a bowline knot. The carabiner ties into an eye-screw.

nite-ize-rope-chain-connectors-ncjsa-01-r3-64_1000.jpg

Last edited:
Being an engineer has it's downsides...

I calculated the energy gain on the pool from sunlight and that can raise the temp by up to 6 degrees per day (690 sq feet). That I'm only getting 3-4 means I'm evaporating 40-60 gallons per day. The shade is maybe 1/6th the size of the pool, so in theory, each one should prevent about 1 degree of net gain.

Thanks! Old Skool, rectangular. And the pots around the pool allow for changing them to whatever I want. Bougainvilleas and periwinkles, because they can stand the full sun in Houston.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.