Setup Easy Touch to control Intellibrite lights

If your label isn't present or readable, you can go to Menu > Diagnostics > Software Rev and see what's listed for "UOC" (universal outdoor controller)

It was added in Ver 2.010, per the Pentair firmware revision doc:
Version 2.010 5/5/08
New processor upgrade requires version 2.010 and higher. Cannot be applied to older EasyTouch systems.
Added IntelliBrite Pool/Spa light support

If your board was built before 5/5/08, you'll need a new board since the new 2.x firmware won't fit on the old 1.x boards :confused:

I will check that out when I get home

A pool company that carries pentair products should have the equipment to re-flash firmware on-site but we'd need to know what version you've got and when your board was made. (since you don't already have the intellibrite option which came out in 2.010 then I'm guessing you're at a 1.x firmware)

The reason you can't flash a 2.x firmware onto a board made before May '08, is because the early 1.x boards had less memory on the microcontroller that runs the show. Both the 1.x and 2.x versions use the same family of chip but the 1.x has 64k of program memory whereas the 2.x has 128.

I believe the Easy Touch is original to the pool, which is around 13 years old. I was thinking that it is possible that I may need to have it updated. Is this something a pool company should be able to do?

Yes a pool company or service guy can do it if your existing board is capable.

Im thinking yours is probably too old and you'll need a new board if you want to control the LEDs. If that's the case and you feel it's worth the money you might as well upgrade to the IntelliCenter. I bet it's the same cost vs an easytouch board+screenlogic

Yes a pool company or service guy can do it if your existing board is capable.

Im thinking yours is probably too old and you'll need a new board if you want to control the LEDs. If that's the case and you feel it's worth the money you might as well upgrade to the IntelliCenter. I bet it's the same cost vs an easytouch board+screenlogic

How much are we talking here? I just dropped $12k for Wet Edge, and new lights...lol

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.