Setting up intex pool for the first time and the whole bottom is leaky

maxshuty

Jun 8, 2021
Minnesota
We purchased an Intex 18'x48" pool and spent the last week leveling our yard, putting a 1" foam layer, and then pavers for the supports to sit on that are level with the foam.

Yesterday we decided to start filling it. We only put around an inch of water in because I wanted to see how it was filling and we left it like that over night. This morning I woke up and checked the pool and underneath and on top of the foam it is all wet. I lifted the liner up and was crawling underneath it and the whole left half of the pool is wet. I put some dye in but I'm not able to see it going anywhere, it just dissipates in the water and seems to settle (the water was completely still).

Any advice on what to do? Should I take some gorilla tape and tape the seems of the pool? Any help would be appreciated.

You're going to have to be more specific. How much is "quite a bit" and what side of the pool? Near the house, away from the house? North side, west side?
South side of the pool (nearest the house). I just went back out there for a fourth time and this time I spotted the leak, the way I was able to spot it was by going underneath and looking for the sun. I saw some bright light and touched the spot and sure enough it was a small hole about the size of two pinholes. Then a foot or so away I found a second one. Not sure if a bird landed on it and punctured it, or if perhaps my dogs walked over the liner at some point and I didn't notice or what.

At any rate I ended up filling it with another inch of water and I'm going to check back if it's still dry or if there are more leaks in a couple hours. Fingers crossed...

Reactions: charliej
South side of the pool (nearest the house). I just went back out there for a fourth time and this time I spotted the leak, the way I was able to spot it was by going underneath and looking for the sun. I saw some bright light and touched the spot and sure enough it was a small hole about the size of two pinholes. Then a foot or so away I found a second one. Not sure if a bird landed on it and punctured it, or if perhaps my dogs walked over the liner at some point and I didn't notice or what.

At any rate I ended up filling it with another inch of water and I'm going to check back if it's still dry or if there are more leaks in a couple hours. Fingers crossed...
if you just have small leaks, you can get underwater vinyl leak repair and it works great. even when pool is full.

Reactions: Chad1979
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.