Selling a home with inground pool

Reed Kadavy

Silver Supporter
Nov 22, 2015
Gilbert AZ
This is an off the wall question. We are selling our home that has an inground pool. The pool has Pentair equipment and recently added ScreenLogic to replace a failing EasyTouch remote. Am I to assume you would normally let the ScreenLogic go with the home or would you remove leaving the new owner with no remote operation and the option of deciding whether to purchase a new EasyTouch remote or their own ScreenLogic? We do intend on building a new pool when we move.

As long as you disclose that it will be removed at time of sale, no issues. Though I would think it would be easier (and not create a misunderstanding) if you left it and put in a new system (Pentair has upgraded to IntelliCenter) at your new home.

Reactions: MyAZPool
The ScreamLogic system costs what...a few hundred bucks??? Not worth ruining a sale or turning away buyers by taking something that costs a few hundred bucks. The appliances you would normally leave behind cost more than that...

Reactions: MyAZPool
I agree... leave it for the new owner. My wife is a realtor and sellers are always trying to keep things. Appliances, built-ins, ceiling fans, window treatments, security systems, one guy even took down his fence! Its an emotional thing, especially if they are not getting top dollar for the home, or if the buyer is being difficult... it becomes a very stressful situation. The little things can really blow a deal, or even just create bad feelings. Buying a new house should be a happy experience... and for that matter so should selling. The more move-in ready you make the house, the better... she's seen several buyers choose a different house over lack of a fridge.

Reactions: PoolGate
Thanks for all of the comments. Before posting I certainly was leaning towards leaving the ScreenLogic. One of the homes we looked at purchasing had no pool automation and actually was in need of a complete equipment overhaul. As a result, we looked elsewhere.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
A distance uncle of mine had his house foreclosed on so he took a sawsall and cut all of "his" pool equipment out and took it with him. He stored it all and to this day has still never used it again. :eek:

Prevailing wisdom is that if you intend to not leave something behind DO NOT let potential buyers see it. The other side of this coin is as has been said....it's a selling feature that will probably bring far more in sale proceeds than it costs to replace.

Buyers love the warm fuzzy details. If I was the seller I might add automation prior to the sale.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.