Seem to be using a lot of stabilizer

Well when they are trying to do warranty troubleshooting I had to take their suggestion. Trying not to follow multiple things on purpose so don’t feel I am wasting your time it’s not intentional. I have had other issues with the controller so I had advice from pool builder.
I am slamming Now like I said before. I haven’t been willing to supplement as I was told and know several others with their pools not having to do that. So I haven’t Done it as I was told I did not need to buy chlorine by the builder. I came here trying to find better advice but also trying to see if my system was broken.
sorry you feel I am wasting your time. I will just stop asking for help and read the information on the site. That’s fine also.
Thanks

So I checked and should have been on at 20ppm when I left at 6am. Came home and I am at 14ppm at this point. Had a good rain most of the afternoon. Guess I need to add another quart. Running out of chlorine now. I have a bag of Di-chlor but I know don’t use it. May have get bleach. Thought this would be done.

The rain most likely did not contribute to your drop. Keep adding LC and keep the pool at SLAM level.

Did you order new reagents? You will need them since you mentioned that you are running low.

I would also keep the pool at SLAM level for at least a day (two is better) after you pass your OCLT. Don’t try to rush this, that is how you get bad results.

Reactions: wireform
I was at work so I couldn’t add durning day but added enough to get back to slam when I got home. I have reagents on the way I hope. Not sure the shipping times.
I found a scum line in my skimmer today that I never have seen. Was black and greasy like. Only like a quarter inch wide. Around top at water line. Will check again before I turn in and add enough I hope to
Get back to 20ppm for night. I will probably be out of chlorine at that point. Only thing I have left is a bag of di-chlor. After this last amount of chlorine tonight.

Still have enough chlorine maybe to dose it up in the morning. I bumped to 20 at 6pm and tested at 8pm. Said I was at 19.5 but suspect a little error in test maybe we are taking one drop. I did add the cup required to raise to 20 from 19.5 in case. Saved the last of the gallon I have for the am.
shoukd I turn on system in am to keep at 20? Or just let it drift? Buy more On way home? I have Been at this for over 24 hours and in the am will be 36 hours. I will not have time to pull light or anything between now and this weekend so I am hoping this dose will kill it.
Pool was really really clear I thought it was clear before but turning on light tonight it was very clear. Enough I could count the specks on the floor My samples after tests also were very clear usually a little hazy.
I have obligations tomorrow night so trying to boost after work May be difficult and I am running really low on reagent. Hoping for best

Keep doing what you can. I would suggest running the salt cell when you leave for work and any other time you cannot test and add on a regular basis.

I’m going to share my SLAM journey with you here. Went for about a week, testing and boosting FC with LC every 3-4 hours.

At the end, I boosted CYA to 70, and I turned my SWG back on. My target is 7-8 (I like to run higher than the Chlorine/CYA chart says) and so far since SLAM ended, I added LC once after full day of people in the pool. Other than that, the SWG has replaced my daily loss, no problem.

If you follow the advice here at TFP to the tee, no ad libbing, and use the wealth of info provided in Pool School to educate yourself, you will save yourself time, money and frustration. And if something does slip up, like with my power glitch leading to algae, you will know exactly what to do to get back on track.

I am following it now. Have been trying to hold it at 20 as much as possible for 36 hours now. I lost 4 overnight. Added the last bit of chlorine I had this am at 6am and turned my cell on for the day to try to keep the 20 since I won’t be able to do anything today because of work and may have a issue tonight. Running out of reagent as well. I have lost less overnight this round so I hope I am making headway. Plan to pass the test and run my cya at 70 and run chlorine at 8ppm from now on. Pool is very clear this am so I hope the cell gets me to 20 or a little above until I get home.

Reactions: kellyfair

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
I am at 17ppm with system on all day from 6am to 6p. Only had cell set 25% for today. So based off pool math app I should have made about 1.8 for the day. I was a little short this am to probably make the 20 mark with the chlorine I had left. So. I am going to go ahead and raise is to 20 again now. And shut off the cell for night. I may have just enough reagent left to measure one more test hopefully. I am actually hoping this is it tonight. Didn’t loose much today it seems. Since I was not exact on what I had when I left at 6am.

Ok I need the experts advice. Sorry I am annoying. But I am learning your ways and hopefully will be good soon. So this morning I was at 16ppm down 4ppm from night before, this was half the loss of the first night of slam. So this am I may have had barely a cup of liquid left I didn’t measure it was dark. So let’s say I had about 10 ounces per app I should have gone up a little over 1ppm, so maybe when I left I was say 18-19, ran cell at 25% for 12 hours so I should have made roughly 2.4ppm. I tested at 17ppm when I got home. So I may have only lost 2.5ish today? i don’t know if my reagents will even last one more test at this point, so here’s my question:
I raised the pool back to 20ppm at 6pm we have had a lot of rain this afternoon actual flood advisories all over pool is running out overflow. Do I test again tonight and verify 20 day at 8pm? And risk being out tomorrow am and not knowing where I am for overnight or do I take the 20ppm at 6 o’clock tonight and test it at 6am and hope it’s not more than 1ppm loss if I have enough to test? I DO NOT want to loose this fight right at the end because I run out of reagent.
Please advise or do we think that a 60 plus hour slam holding as close to 20ppm is good. My kids really want to swim this weekend and I want my levels to get back to 8ppm or so this weekend if possible. My reagents have not shipped so I may be stuck for a while. Please help!

It can not hurt to be a slam level for longer then necessary and in your case I'll bet you're not going to be done with the slam tonight. I say run the SWCG at 100% and keep the slam moving even if you can't test the FC.

It can not hurt to be a slam level for longer then necessary and in your case I'll bet you're not going to be done with the slam tonight. I say run the SWCG at 100% and keep the slam moving even if you can't test the FC.
I just raised it to 20ppm and may add 2 cups later and just go over 20ppm
Maybe? Or just let the 20 sit until morning and hope I can test one more time

You are not annoying, but you are impatient. That wont work. Keep testing until you run out of reagents.

Also if I run some rough numbers you are losing 4ppm overnight and 5ppm during the day. When you run out dose for that. When are the reagents supposed to arrive?

Ending the SLAM early will not work, running the SLAM long will not hurt, and probably help.

Maybe it will help a little bit with your patience to know that you can swim at or below SLAM level. So you can keep up the SLAM, and have your kids swim this weekend.

Thanks. I am not trying to be impatient I am just not wanting the level to drop when I run out of testing supplies. The reagent should have shipped but shows it hasn’t. So I have no clue when they may arrive. So I was trying to use them wisely to determine if my overnight passes. Like I stated earlier this morning at 6am I didn’t have enough chlorine to go back 20. I figure at best I added a little more than a cup which may have gotten me to 18ppm at best. So if I starred at 18 and ended the day at 17 and my cell was set to run at 25% for the 12 hours which should have made 2.5 I didn’t loose much. From the first overnight and day I seem to have lost half of what I did first day and half of what I lost first night. Water is really clear, I can smell a chlorine smell more than normal but my CC still shows to be 0 or maybe .2 if that. My CC has never shown. To be above .5 from my notes. Only one time have we ever smelled chloramine.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.