Seem reasonable?

DThompson55

Bronze Supporter
Jun 20, 2016
Manchester, CT
Started SLAM four days ago. Rather than running through a lot of FAS-DPD reagents and the time involved in doing that test, I know from the last couple days of testing every four hours that I need to add 9 quarts of 12.5% solution spread out throughout the day to stay at or slightly above the FC level for my given CYA level. I figure until I can see my feet it's probably reasonable to just continue doing that. And then just do FAS-DPD after dinner as a sanity check.

Also, I'm running the pump and bypassing the filter, just to circulate chemicals, as I figure the filter doesn't kill algae, the chlorine does. Once the green goes away I'll reengage the filter.

Seem reasonable?

Seem reasonable?
No. Not reasonable at all.
*tough love time*.

The SLAM process has been scientifically designed and fine tuned by an untold thousands of real world users. You will gain nothing by trying to re-invent the wheel. Not will you ‘hack’ a way that hasn’t already failed thousands of times by everyone taking shortcuts before you. You need to follow the process to a T, or get lackluster results at best.

To save testing supplies, switch to 5ml samples and the variance is off by 1 instead of .5, it’s plenty close enough for the high FC levels of SLAM.

You’ll get twice the tests from the same supplies.

Reactions: DThompson55
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.