Sediment and dust at pool floor on a Pentair cartridge filter.

Hello and welcome to TFP! :wave: I had the same problem years ago and it wasn't dirt blowing back into the pool, it was algae. Algae also tends to make your filter pressure increase very quickly. Even if you don't seen green in the pool, the water may be hazy and that's the algae. It's a chemical issue (not mechanical filtering) which is why the proper test kit is so important. That's when I found this website. So step #1 would be for us to have a good/reliable set of water test results. We recognize two kits for residential testing, either a TF-100 (link in my signature) or Taylor K-2006C. With one of those, post a full set of water test results and we'll be able to get you on track.

Also take a moment to update your signature with all of your pool and equipment info. We look for that on each post. If you have any other immediate questions, feel free to ask.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.