Florida
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Jandy Truclear / Ei
Earlier today for giggles I decided to stick my hand in the pump impeller. Shocking surprise the amount of long hair that was clumped up when I pulled it out. Pump is only 2 weeks old and I can see this is going to be an issue, especially since I’m the only man in the family lol.

I’m running hair nets on my skimmer filter in the pool which catches a lot. Guess the other stuff is getting sucked in through main drain. Is there something I can put in my pump filter that will trap smaller particles so the impeller doesn’t get clogged up with hair and other debri?

Last edited by a moderator:
Frank,

Why not just shut off your main drain, as you really don't need it.. There are thousands and thousands of pools out there with either no main drain, or a non operational main drain, and they all work just fine..

Most people run there main drain either off or only open about 10%..

Thanks,

Jim R.

I am in the process of still brushing my pool twice a day because the diamond Brite is still
Leeching. I guess it was safe to keep the main drain open during this process that way the dust can get filtered out.
I see were it makes sense to not put something in the pump basket in fear of it getting sucked Through.

How often are you guys taking your pumps apart to clean the impeller so the pump is running at optimal performance? Or am I just being too paranoid right now and just let it be

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.