Dori123

Aug 8, 2020
utah
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Liquid Chlorine
We are converting to saltwater in a few weeks and want to add some automation along with the ability to remotely check the pool.
We have a Pentair system, so our contractor has suggested ScreenLogic.

We have a Google mesh network and we use Android phones.

I am reading about issues with both.

Can anyone weigh in on how it's going with your setup, if it is similar?

Thanks much!

Assuming this is a new build based on your post history, can you confirm you have the EasyTouch and not the IntelliCenter? If the former, then ScreenLogic is the your only option to remotely check the pool. For Google Mesh others have reported that plugging your protocol adapter directly into a mesh point works. What were the issues you saw regarding the Android app?

Last edited:
What do you plan to control? Do you have a spa, heater, lights, etc.
Our Spa is a separate system altogether.

We only plan to control the heater and lighting. There also may be some monitoring of pH and chlorine, as we are putting in the Intellichem and Intellichlor systems also.

Our pool is 20,000 gallons and super simple; we have two bubblers but those are controlled by a valve. I think the bubbler lights can be controlled by ScreenLogic.

Assuming this is a new build based on your post history, can you confirm you have the EasyTouch and not the IntelliCenter? If the former, then ScreenLogic is the your only option to remotely check the pool.
We have EasyTouch. Pool was running as of end of last summer, though not entirely completed (tile work) until a week or so ago.

If it's not too late, you might want to consider switching out the Intellichem to an IntellipH system.

P.S. Please add a signature with your existing/planned equipment so we can help you better.

Reactions: Dori123
I believe we are getting the IntellipH as part of the Intellichem system. Our pH rises a quarter point a day; we are automating acid and chlorine delivery with this upgrade. Edit: by "chlorine delivery," I mean we are adding the SWG as the sanitation system.

Last edited:
You said that you're converting to saltwater, but will be using liquid chlorine? Also how did you end up with a single speed pump as they were phased out by July 2021?

You said that you're converting to saltwater, but will be using liquid chlorine? Also how did you end up with a single speed pump as they were phased out by July 2021?
Using liquid chlorine now; will be switching to a saltwater generator soon.
As for the second single speed pump, it was installed about March, 2021. I will fill in more signature details when I get home next week.
In the meantine, I would love to hear any feedback about how well ScreenLogic works with Android phones and Google mesh networks.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
If it's not too late, you might want to consider switching out the Intellichem to an IntellipH system.

P.S. Please add a signature with your existing/planned equipment so we can help you better.
Sorry; I misread your comment. I will ask our contractor about the IntellipH vs the IntelliChem. That may be all we need.

Get an Intellicenter if putting in automation now.
Strongly reconsider using ORP to control a SWCG. It just does not work. Save your money.

Our contractor said we could choose between Hayward or Pentair, but because we already have Pentair components, he recommended we stick with that.

I just started to look at the reviews and comments for ScreenLogic. I see users reporting issues connecting locally to Google mesh, problems staying connected remotely, and overall disappointment with the Android interface.

Many of the comments were from a year or more ago (though the playstore reviews are recent). I guess I'm hoping that there have been updates lately that address some of those issues.

Get an Intellicenter if putting in automation now.
Strongly reconsider using ORP to control a SWCG. It just does not work. Save your money.
Thank you for this comment, MKnauss. I just stumbled onto the TFP's Pentair automation section. We have some reading to do...
Looks like our pool builder installed an older system (Easy Touch) in 2021 rather than the up-to-date IntelliCenter. We did not realize we weren't getting the most recent system and now I understand why ScreenLogic is simply not the way to go. We will likely start with an upgrade to the IntelliCenter. instead Thanks for mentioning that.

Our biggest goal with automation is for acid delivery, as our pH rises daily. We aren't as concerned with the chlorine levels; those changes seem to be manageable on a weekly rather than daily basis.

EDIT: We decided to go with the upgrade to IntelliCenter rather than mess with ScreenLogic. Too many issues there and old tech. We are also installing IntelliChem as opposed to IntellipH so that we can use the monitoring / automation system. Fingers crossed!

Last edited:
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.