Screenlogic protocol adapter help

Lankyman13

Jun 12, 2021
Peoria, Arizona
I'm new here but just recently installed my wireless screenlogic protocol adapter kit. I haven't been successful in getting it to work just yet though.

I've tried a few things and i think I'm close. Red light is solid on the adapter. Power light is solid on the wireless transmitters with flashing tx and rx. I can see the adapter on my network (and ping the ip address with a response) and i can even run the updater, which works successfully as well.

However, I can't connect using Screenlogic Connect on my pc (same pc the updater works with), I can't connect remotely with the xx-xx-xx number either. I also tried using my phone app and the app finds the protocol adapter locally, but won't connect, it just sits loading forever..

Any help will be appreciated!!

I can't really help, as mine has just always worked... Even when I installed a new Protocol adapter it just worked the first time.

When you get the following set up page, does the IP address auto-populate under "local systems"???

View media item 1965

I have heard of people having their inside transceiver too close to other electronic equipment that jams the transceiver.. Just moving the transceiver a few feet often solves this issue.

As a test you can run a 4-wire cable from the EasyTouch to the Protocol Adapter and see if it works.. If so then the problem is with the transceiver links..

Thanks,

Jim R.

OK -- I just know there have been issues with the Mesh as the addresses are not recognized.

@ajw22 has some experience in addressing the past issues on the forum with this.

Update #2.. after getting back from vacation, I called pentair again and finally got to someone that helped by logging into my pc. He determined that the protocol adapter was bad. He couldn't run his diagnostics on it and it wouldn't hold on to the pool rom.

They are sending me a replacement protocol adapter now and we shall see if it works when i get it in.

I appreciate the help with troubleshooting!
Paul

Update #2.. after getting back from vacation, I called pentair again and finally got to someone that helped by logging into my pc. He determined that the protocol adapter was bad. He couldn't run his diagnostics on it and it wouldn't hold on to the pool rom.

They are sending me a replacement protocol adapter now and we shall see if it works when i get it in.

I appreciate the help with troubleshooting!
Paul
Has the new adapter worked? I am having the exact same issue.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
If you are using a wireless receiver at your router location, it needs to be away from the router. The ScreenLogic wireless is not WiFi, and the two different systems can interfere with each other.

If you are using a wireless receiver at your router location, it needs to be away from the router. The ScreenLogic wireless is not WiFi, and the two different systems can interfere with each other.

I have attempted this as well, however no success. I cannot get either of the protocol adapters to be recognized by any combination of cabling, ports on my switch, directly into my router, etc. The Pentair help desk was no use either. I simply don't understand how 2 adapters could have the exact same symptoms. Must be something else going on. Everything has been working great up to a month ago

Have you tried to just temporarily hard wiring the Automation into the Protocol adapter? Just to see if the problem is the wireless link or the adapter??
I'd like to help, but I just hooked mine up and it worked..

Seems to me that if it worked before you moved everything, that something that you did caused the issue.. :scratch:

Thanks,

Jim R.

Yeah I was convinced it was something I did so just went and rechecked everything. Turns out I had swapped the power cables between my D-link hub and the Wifi Adapter for the Screenlogic. One is 10VDC out and one is 12VDC. Looks like I am back on the right track. Now to get everything setup and running again.

Bottom line, check your power!

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.