ScreenLogic help please

S,

I find it much, much easier to program using the PC than I do using the phone...

That said, the first thing you need to understand is a little "Pentair"

The automation comes with built in "CIRCUITS".. These are Pool, Spa, Aux 1 -3 or 7, and Feature 1-8.. Think of these as "actions", when you turn one of them on something is supposed to happen.

CIRCUIT NAMES ... The name for Pool and Spa are fixed.. But instead of trying to remember what the Aux 1 circuit does, you can name them after what you want them to do. This name is just that.. It will not make them do anything, it is just the a name that you assign them..

CIRCUIT FUNCTIONS... The circuit function tells the automation that this circuit is different than normal and the automation will control that circuit in a preprogrammed way. An example would be lights.. If you have IntelliBrite lights, then the function for the whatever Aux circuit is running the lights needs to be set to "IntelliBrite".. Note that it is best to set the function to "Generic" in almost all cases, except for color changing LED lights..

You can't set up ScreenLogic unless you know how your system is wired.. You need to know what each Aux circuit is supposed to do.

If this makes sense, great.. If not, please post a pic of the inside of your panel showing the circuit breakers and all the relays..

If you are just adding ScreenLogic, it should just use the program already inside the automation. If you are just installing the automation, then your pool builder should have set it up.. ??

Tell me if you have a spa and what it is you want your system to do..

Thanks,

Jim R.

Thanks Jim
I’m not home right now but I’ll definitely get a picture as everything is labeled, but I think my kids were trying to turn the water fall on (it is done manually) and have gotten things mucked up on the board. I downloaded the iOS app thinking it would be easier on my phone to setup.

S,

It might be easier to fix what you have..

What do you see when you look at ScreenLogic on your phone, instead of ScreenLogic Config???

Tell me what no longer works...

Do you have Screenlogic on your PC/Mac??

Really pretty hard to screw it up unless you are in the set up/configuration pages..

Thanks,

Jim R.

I’m trying to make it match up with the stickers on the Easytouch, I have some screen shots of the ScreenLogic, I’ll attach
I tried Screen Logic on my PC but couldn’t ever get it to load.

Attachments

• 665B0E54-7EA5-4EB0-9D2C-F308BFEB10AD.png
    665B0E54-7EA5-4EB0-9D2C-F308BFEB10AD.png
    28 KB · Views: 10
  • 30CA88FC-7DBF-4977-A750-FD396DC1DF07.png
    30CA88FC-7DBF-4977-A750-FD396DC1DF07.png
    43.1 KB · Views: 12
S,

Aux 1, 2 and 3 have physical relays that control things that run off of 120 or 240 volts.. A good example would be a pool light that runs off of 120 or a booster pump for your cleaner that might run off of 240.

When you push the Aux 1 button, the Aux 1 relay closes and sends 120 volt to the light (or to the light transformer if a low voltage LED)..

A Feature circuit works the same as the Aux circuits, except it has no relays. You can use a Feature circuit to change pump speeds, turn valves on and off,

You can schedule both Aux circuits and Feature circuits.. I see that you are using Aux 2 to turn on the waterfall... If you have to turn on a separate pump then the Aux circuit makes sense, but if all you are doing is moving a valve, then you are just wasting a relay for nothing.

Here is an old pic, but you can see that in my pool the pool light is controlled by Aux 1, but my waterfall is controlled by Feature Circuit 3

View media item 1964
Thanks,

Jim R.

On my “water feature” Aux 2 I would imagine it’s the waterfall? I have to manually turn a valve to get the waterfall to come on. This valve is setup for in ground cleaning or waterfall, but it can’t be setup with automation.

:scratch: Are you saying pressing the Aux 2 button used to turn on the waterfall and now it does not??

Show me the following two pages from your PC when looking at the Screenlogic set up pages...

and

View media item 1964

Thanks,

Jim R,

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Sorry, no because I have to manually rotate the value to get the waterfall to come on, Sorry I am just trying to figure this all out seems like the buttons just are to turn the light on and turn the cleaner on, to get the waterfall to come on is to turn the cleaner on and move the valve from in ground floor cleaner to waterfall.
Here are the pics you requested

Attachments

• Configure Equipment.jpg
    Configure Equipment.jpg
    107.8 KB · Views: 10
  • setup circuits.jpg
    setup circuits.jpg
    106.3 KB · Views: 10
S,

I see that valve "B" is assigned to Feature 1... In theory, this says that you have a valve actuator somewhere in your system... Do you have an automated valve? If so what does it do.

Aux 2 does not control a valve, so do you have a water feature pump?

Your post started out with asking for ScreenLogic programming help.. The basic problem is that before anyone can help you program your system they have to understand exactly what you have.. I'd be glad to help, but will need to a few pics of your equipment pad so I can understand what we can control and what we can not..

If you've got the time, I don't mind helping..

Thanks,

Jim R.

Yeah sorry I am all over the place with this thread, Here are some pics of what I have. You can see both valves are manual in that I have to get off my butt to turn them. Hopefully you can see how they are labeled, one has water feature and in ground cleaning, the other has skimmer and main drain. I am confused on the panel what the “F” button is? Labeled “Pool Low”

Attachments

• 106DB2A5-E22E-4FEE-9177-4A830CBBF63B.jpeg
    106DB2A5-E22E-4FEE-9177-4A830CBBF63B.jpeg
    733.5 KB · Views: 15
  • FFDE3943-E00B-46A7-BBA0-7D28694A6485.jpeg
    FFDE3943-E00B-46A7-BBA0-7D28694A6485.jpeg
    372.8 KB · Views: 15
  • DB6DE452-37AF-4565-9CF0-7CBB0361A80C.jpeg
    DB6DE452-37AF-4565-9CF0-7CBB0361A80C.jpeg
    520.3 KB · Views: 12
  • BC872854-C8D5-462E-925D-51DC94D5A174.jpeg
    BC872854-C8D5-462E-925D-51DC94D5A174.jpeg
    580.6 KB · Views: 13
S,

Your automation "appears" to be set up to turn automated valves, but, as you know, you have no automated valves.. :scratch:

Did you used to have automated valves or has it always been this way?

Maybe they are just using these circuits to control pump speeds??? Show me the following pump page..

I can see now that you have two Jandy valves.. There is no reason to automate the Intake valve, the one the selects between the skimmer and the main drain.. You could automate the Return valve that switches between the In-Floor cleaner/returns and the waterfall... Basically what would happen is that you would push a "waterfall" icon on Screenlogic and the valve would rotate from the in-floor position to the waterfall position.. Water would flow to the waterfall and the pump would change speed to make the waterfall look the way you want. When you turn off the waterfall icon, the valve would move back to the in-floor position...

Other than changing speeds on the pump, you do not have much else to automate..

What is the ball valve with the blue dot for???

Jim R.

I never had automated valves. they have always been manual. The blue dot its just some missing paint from that valve, it just opens and closes I am not exactly sure what it does, but I guess its for the in ground pop up heads?

Attachments

• intelliflo.jpg
    intelliflo.jpg
    90.7 KB · Views: 9
Last edited:
S,

Do you want to automate the waterfall/in-floor valve??? Easy to do, but you will have to buy an actuator, unless you have one..

Let's talk about the "Cleaner" circuit.. You are currently using Aux 3 to control the speed of the pump... The problem is that the "Cleaner" circuit can only have one speed.. If the EasyTouch sees 3 different speeds for the same circuit, it will always run the fastest speed. The way your system is currently set up, anytime you push Aux 3 the pump will run at 3050 RPM.. By using the Aux 3 button, you have wasted a relay that is not being used..

Since your cleaner is also your water returns for the pool, I recommend that you set up a couple of different speeds.. One speed for normal use and another speed (or two) when you want the in-floor cleaner to work.

Your "Water Feature" button does not appear to do anything... ???

You have a valve assigned to Feature #1, but that also does not do anything either???

If you show me your schedules page, and I'll show you how I would program your system.. Should look like this..

Thanks,

Jim R.

I would love to automate the waterfall, but for now, I will hold off on the expense. (link to the actuator to purchase?)
I still dont understand the “F” button that is Labeled “Pool Low” I always have to hit this to make the cleaner come on.

Attachments

• Pool Sch.jpg
    Pool Sch.jpg
    63 KB · Views: 4
S,

Basically you want the automation to be in the "Pool Mode" anytime the pump is running.. To do this we need to schedule the “Pool Circuit” to be on whenever you want the pump running.. Based upon your current schedule, I assume you only want to run your system over night, so that is how my example is set up.. You can always change it to whatever time you want..

1. Go to page 2 of 5 on the set up pages. Let’s keep what you have and add just one thing.

Aux 1 should be Pool Light and Generic
Aux 2 should be Water Feature and Generic
Aux 3 should be Cleaner and Generic
Change Feature 1 to “Pool High”

2. Go to page 3 of 5

Change Valve B from “Feature 1” to Water Feature

3. Go to page 4 of 5

Change “Cleaner” on the first line to “Pool” and leave speed at 1500
Change “Cleaner” on the second line to “Pool High” and leave speed at 1850
Leave “Cleaner” on third line and leave speed at 3050
Add “Water Feature” to the 4th line and set the speed to 2500

4. Go to the Schedules page in ScreenLogic

Add a schedule for the Pool Circuit from 11pm until 7 am...
Change your Cleaner Circuit schedule to 3 am until 7 am...

Operation overview.

The pump will run at 1500 RPM from 11 pm until 3 am when the speed will increase to 3050 because the cleaner circuit kicked in. It will run at 3050 until everything shuts off at 7 am.
When you push Aux 1 your pool light will turn on
When you push Aux 2 the speed of your pump will increase to 2500 RPM and your waterfall would turn on if you added an actuator and plugged it into port B.
When you push Aux 3 the pump speed will increase to 3050 and if you had an actuator the waterfall valve would rotate back to cleaner position.
If you want to increase your pump speed to help with skimming you can turn on the Pool High icon in ScreenLogic.

Try that and see if it works for you. If you ever want to free up Aux 2 and 3 so that you can use the relays for something else, we can easily that, but for now let’s just get it running.. If nothing else, it might give you an idea of how ScreenLogic works so that you can make changes to how you system works.

Thanks,

Jim R.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.