ScreenLogic Connect "Error: Cannot Connect. Address Invalid" (Fix Update...)

drewster1

Sep 3, 2020
Los Angeles
This is probably a simple fix, but I haven't figured it out yet.

I upgraded my computer system to Windows 10 and now I can't seem to get the Screenlogic Connect to recognize my system. My router works fine, I reset the protocol adapter, re-booted everything. The wireless link interface has a steady PWR green light and TX blinks yellow when it's receiving data. However, the ScreenLogic Connect software doesn't recognize the wireless system. When I start the software, the Local System box does not automatically populate with my identified system; it is a blank white window with no text. When I type in my system name ("Pentair: 08-21-xx") as listed on the side of the protocol adapter, and my chosen password, the Connecting to Remote System window opens up, and shows the following message after a few seconds:

- Discovery Service: 166.78.45.xx.xxx
- Connecting to Discovery Service...
- Connected.
- Sending GATEWAY remote connection request...
- Remote connection authorized.
- Found system at :0.
- Connecting to System at :0...
- Direct connection failed.
- ERROR: Cannot connect. Address Invalid.

Any ideas?

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: livinwell
Okay, a call to Pentair and my system is now working again. I called Pentair (hold time 48 minutes, so be patient) to help with reseting my system after upgrading to Windows 10 and replacing my wifi router. The simple solution was insert a paperclip into the reset hole on the side of the protocol adapter and click the internal reset button three (3) times. That's right, not just once, but click the reset button 3 times. I waited 30+ seconds, then opened up the Screenlogic Connect software. I had already entered my correct username and password, and I found that the white text box automatically populated with my system identification, and everything was accessible and working, including the mobile app. Pentair should consider writing basic reset instructions on the side of the protocol adaptor; most people wouldn't think they'd have to hit a reset button 3 times to get it to work.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.