screenlogic and google wifi

prasadkm0204

LifeTime Supporter
Feb 23, 2015
Santa Clara,CA
Hi,

I recently switched from an old apple extreme router to google wifi. After this, I can connect to screenlogic while on WIFI but the connection doesn't work remotely.
The message says 'connecting to relay server at <ip address>'. I tried reserving IP address to all the connected devices but that did not help. My guess is google wifi has a firewall that is preventing this connect from outside. I tried looking in this forum for similar issues did not find any.

Thanks for your help,
Prasad

I think you need to setup Port Forwarding to forward the ports Screenlogic uses to your ET IP address.

Try port 80.

See....

Configured in which app? Google mesh or Pentair?

Port 80 should be forwarded to the IP address of your Screenlogic box. I don't know what the 7576 is.

But I don't have either of those boxes so advising a bit blind.

Last edited:
You just set it up on Goggle Mesh.

Did you select the Screenlogic device in step 2?

Port forward 80 to 80. Where did you get 7576 from?

It is important to set up a static IP address in the device that you are forwarding a port to. This ensures that your ports remain forwarded even after a reboot, power outage, or another type of device or router disconnect.

1. Select the IPv4 tab to create a forward for an IPv4 address, or the IPv6 tab for an IPv6 address.
  2. Select the device you're creating the forward for and click Next.
  3. Go ahead and enter the port number into the Internal Port Start and the Internal Port End boxes, to forward a single port. To forward a range of ports, enter the lowest number of that range into the Internal Port Start box and then enter the highest number of that range into the Internal Port End box.
  4. Take the same values that you entered into the Internal Port box, and enter them into the External Port box.
  5. Use the Protocol dropdown box to select the protocol type of the ports you are forwarding. If your router has the option of Both, then choose that. Otherwise, choose either TCP or UDP as needed. If you need to forward a port for both TCP and UDP and your router does not have Both, then you have to create two entries.
  6. Make sure to click the Done button at the bottom of the page to apply these changes, when you are completely finished.

Like I said I am working blind.

Screenlogic is old technology that has problems with mesh routers. You may be stuck with choosing if you want to use a mesh router or get remote access running by using a different router.

Have you checked out this page?

Pentair Automation Systems - Further Reading

It looks like the system might require a reset after changing routers.

If that doesn't work, did you try forwarding external port 7576 to internal port 7576 and the IP address of the ET? I don't have an ET or Screenlogic, but that's how I would open a port on my network to get to something proprietary behind the firewall.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.