Pentair Screenlogic Control Question

jongig

LifeTime Supporter
Nov 27, 2010
I've installed the Screenlogic 2 interface into my Easytouch system and I didn't have a issue at the house but I can't see how to access outside my LAN. The simple IP setup doesn't include the ability to change the port from 80 and so port forwarding isn't going to work for me. I have a static IP at the house so this is usually easy.

jon,

I am not really sure what you mean.. If you are on a cell phone, connection is over the cell service. If on a tablet, your connection is over WiFi..

What I know about network connections you could fit on the head of a pin, so it must normally be pretty automatic, as I did not have to do anything other than hook it up.

So tell us more.. What are you using to connect with? I assume you have ScreenLogic app loaded on the device, so what happens when you open it?

Thanks,

Jim R.

I've installed the Screenlogic 2 interface into my Easytouch system and I didn't have a issue at the house but I can't see how to access outside my LAN. The simple IP setup doesn't include the ability to change the port from 80 and so port forwarding isn't going to work for me. I have a static IP at the house so this is usually easy.

There is an address on the Protocol adapter that needs to be put into your app to make it work outside your home network. It's on the label and is XX-XX-XX ( I used X, you need to see what is printed on your PA. It should be inserted as follows (without the quotes) "Pentair: XX-XX-XX

Hope that helps

There is an address on the Protocol adapter that needs to be put into your app to make it work outside your home network. It's on the label and is XX-XX-XX ( I used X, you need to see what is printed on your PA. It should be inserted as follows (without the quotes) "Pentair: XX-XX-XX

Hope that helps
Be sure to use UPPERCASE alpha characters when you type in the address.

Re: Pentair Screenlogic install

I'm trying to install the screenlogic myself. I had no issues installing it but I have no clue how to access it outside my home network (LAN). I use a static IP address so installing equipment on the LAN usually requires me to assign a permanent IP address with a port number. I then go to my router settings and use port forwarding to assign the port to that IP address used for the equipment. With the Screenlogic setup I only see that you can assign a IP address and so without changing from port 80 I won't be able to access it.

Any ideas? I asked Pentair a couple questions in a email and you can tell they read the first one because the answer was to purchase the Screenlogic and in the second part I mention having purchased the screenlogic but not being able to use it outside my LAN. Way to go Pentair.

Re: Pentair Screenlogic install

I do not think a Static IP is a typical homeowner Internet setting. So you may have a very unique set up that may be an issue.

Good luck.

I mist be missing something. I installed this today as well. However I didnt het an installation cd, and for the life of me cannot find where to download the PC software. Just the update software. Where can I find it? Can some one please post a link?

thanks!

stAtic ip for the easytouch or ur incoming ip from ur provider? Static from ur provider would not make a difference. If u r using a static for the easy touch it’s self I would go with dynamic for ease.

I know now I had a horrible time when I got mine logged back on the other day. Remotely would not work. On my lan no problem. But then it just started to work.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Guys. Once u have it working on ur lan it will just work on ur wan unless ur router is blocking ur outside port. That is a router setting not from ur isp.

I would keep it static. Some cloud based services such as this don’t like static ip addresses with port forwarding because they only check for certain ports and if u don’t know those ports and u have one assigned that they don’t check for u r out of luck.

Pentairs support is inbelievable. I was on the phone with them for 90 mins last week cause remote was not working and everything was fine on my end. I was able to check my cameras, and control my house no problem. I swear their servers were down or something. It was just getting so far and then hanging up.

I will have to look at my router table, to see if it did some PnP router port forwarding, but I would expect the app sends an outbound connection to a server, so that the server you first connect to when doing remote, then points you to your house.

I did not have to do any port forwarding and I did not have to input my IP address so that is how I am guessing it works. Lots of other apps are doing this now adays. If you IP changes, it will change with it (given some time).

Not sure why a static IP is needed here. I have it plugged via LAN right into the back of my edgerouter......I did have to update the protocol adapter a few times. After that though it was pretty easy to set up. The app ScreenLogic Config is much easier to use for set up. FYI.

the days of dmz service and port forwarding are over cause of cloud based solutions like this. these companies want everyone to be able to use them out of the box so that's why they r moving towards this route plus it alows them to trouble shoot if there is an issue easier.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.