Scared of Pool Color

NickCYC

Nov 10, 2019
Orlando, FL
My husband wanted to go dark, really dark so he convinced me to go with the Wet Edge Black Magic. I haven’t been able to find a lot of pictures, but I’m afraid it will look like algae and we won’t be able to see critters at the bottom.

Does anyone have any filled pictures that you can share? Thanks in advance!

Reactions: Tpettit
You can try doing a Google image search, there are lots of pics with the pool filled. Looks like a very pretty color, but too dark for my personal taste. Also, it may make the water a lot hotter in the summertime

You will be able to see anything down there. We had one vinyl pool use the black liner and it was SO pretty. There was no problem seeing the frog at the bottom of the pool.

Now saying that-dark plaster is much harder for the installers to do. They will need their A game on. The main problem with dark plaster is it shows mottling if the plaster is not done just right.

I have a couple of links for you to help you have a great plaster job no matter what color you pick:
Ten Guidelines for Quality Pool Plaster Best one of all
All Plaster Finishes Should Last 20 Years
Not All Color Pigments are Good for Pools How to pick a good color for plaster.
A Plastering 'Watch List' | Professional Watershaping | Watershapes
Trouble Free Pool
Trouble Free Pool

Good luck!

Kim:kim:

Reactions: NickCYC
Good news, black magic is one of the cheaper colors. Other good news... dark pools look elegant, regal, and beautiful. Also you will be able to see the bottom just fine. One negative is the fact that multicolored LED lights will look very dim for half of the colors.

Here is a pricing list for how the wet edge options compare to a level 1 pebble sheen.(level 1 sheen was included in my original bid, so the -+ show how much more or less each color would have been in my pool+spa+tanning ledge setup)

Screenshot_20201021-110626.png

You will be able to see anything down there. We had one vinyl pool use the black liner and it was SO pretty. There was no problem seeing the frog at the bottom of the pool.

Now saying that-dark plaster is much harder for the installers to do. They will need their A game on. The main problem with dark plaster is it shows mottling if the plaster is not done just right.

I have a couple of links for you to help you have a great plaster job no matter what color you pick:
Ten Guidelines for Quality Pool Plaster Best one of all
All Plaster Finishes Should Last 20 Years
Not All Color Pigments are Good for Pools How to pick a good color for plaster.
A Plastering 'Watch List' | Professional Watershaping | Watershapes
Trouble Free Pool
Trouble Free Pool

Good luck!

Kim:kim:
Thank you. That makes me feel better. I will check out the links. It may be too late for us to change but I may still try.

Good news, black magic is one of the cheaper colors. Other good news... dark pools look elegant, regal, and beautiful. Also you will be able to see the bottom just fine. One negative is the fact that multicolored LED lights will look very dim for half of the colors.

Here is a pricing list for how the wet edge options compare to a level 1 pebble sheen.(level 1 sheen was included in my original bid, so the -+ show how much more or less each color would have been in my pool+spa+tanning ledge setup)

View attachment 166477
Thank you for sharing. This makes sense. We initially went with Tahoe but my husband thought it was too green and we paid more for the black magic.
I feel so much better. I just want to see. LOL

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.