Sand filter sizing?

Sep 2, 2017
highland, il
The pool - coleman 16x48. Have been using the stock aquaclear filter/pump #90342. In a couple hours we will be buying a salt system from some friends, they are upsizing their pool, so i don't have that info. They have a 16' also.
I want to put a sand filter in place of the aquaclear unit.
Was looking at one of these -
Amazon.com : Intex Krystal Clear Sand Filter Pump for Above Ground Pools, 12-inch, 110-120V with GFCI : Swimming Pool Sand Filters : Garden Outdoor
From your experience's, what size would you recommend? 10", 12", 14", 16"?

Also - Our intake is below surface. I was wondering about a skimmer basket. My better half doesn't want me cutting in a actual skimmer. Something like this -
https://www.amazon.com/Intex-Deluxe...rd_wg=4UmyX&psc=1&refRID=KAKMZTCRHJMXYQAGGZX4

Thank you.

I would suggest 12" as a minimum for your shorter season, while larger is generally better (less frequent cleaning, etc).

Through the wall skimmers are a great add-on ... many threads discuss them and have install pictures.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.