Sand and dirt

Well, if you start to run low on the drops, you can switch to a 5 ml water sample temporarily. Doing that means that each drop equals 1 ppm. Problem is it isn't as accurate as the 10 ML, but if you're in a pinch later until you reorder that's an option.

Ok here's another question. I saw another post by someone and copper was the concern. My pool is very new, so no deck yet. It's bonded by copper around and one cell in the pool. I know NOTHING about electrical so I didn't think anything of it. Could that be my issue? 🥴

Could that be my issue?
No. Your pool bonding and equipment ground are all exterior items. Copper is usually introduced by pool store gimmick products. Your water just looks like a normal cloudy algae issue. Maintaining the proper FC SLAM level and following all the items on the SLAM Process will do the trick. Be thorough and patient as it can take several days, but it works. Be sure to inspect absolutely anything submerged in the water. Anything that can be removed, remove it. Normally we would advise to remove any pool light with a niche behind it and leave it on the deck (or something clean), but your pool is new right? So I don't think that is necessary at this time.

Ok thanks, I found it odd that there's a submerged cell (you can't see in pic) so thought I'd ask. Thanks for the reassurance

Pool is Brand New. 2 weeks old. We haven't stepped foot in it. Lol 😂 I'm sadder about it than the kids. Ok thanks again, have a great Saturday!!

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Many, many builders and even pool store clerks don't understand the FC/CYA relationship. FC/CYA Levels It's proven science but they refuse to change. No worries, we'll coach through this mess and you'll happier in the end.

Brass huh? Brass for what I wonder?

I'm very confident at this point that I do not have an algae problem. I don't think I ever did honestly considering I had clean water brought in and the PC said he's never seen a problem with the water before and has used them for decades. I truly feel it's sand.

Here's my thought process, please tell me if I'm wrong here because I am here to learn!

1. I started the SLAM Friday evening. That was the last time I put bleach in my water.
2. My FC level hasn't dropped.

If this pool were older and the water were sitting around or whatever at any point in time, then yes, I would think maybe that's the reason. But if there's algae in the water, wouldn't the FC be doing it's thing and decreasing??

This morning's reading: FC = 20

I tend to agree. Let the FC fall for now back to normal ranges according to the FC/CYA Levels. Unlike a normal situation where someone has dirt and mud flow into the water, that sediment in suspension does not appear to be adding any stress to the water or you would notice a drop in FC and/or clarity changes for the worse. For the time being, just more of the same I suppose - filtering and time.

another good reason to stay away from pool stores.
the chlorine will come down on its own. your liner is fine
Exactly! ^^ Don't panic or get overly concerned about what your installer said. :rant: You have a good level of CYA that is buffering the elevated chlorine. Members here run a SLAM for days or weeks with no issue. The FC will fall as long as the SWG is off and no chlorine is added.

Ok, the other issues is we are chomping at the bit and I have two small kids that are SO ready. So .. I did it. 😳 I added the neutralizer and within an hour had increased visibility (could see my shallow end though hazy). So I let that run a while ... Tested it. FC was down to 0. So I looked up the handy dandy chart on the app, to try to get it up to around 3 (which was in the recommended range on the TFP app). I knew there could be a little leftover neutralizer so didn't want to over/undershoot too much. Added bleach. Waited a few hrs, FC was 1.5....turnd on SWG to 80%.

Vaccuumed again 🥴 cleaned filter again 🥴 (got a decent Amy of sand out of the filter again, yay and saw a big difference with how far down I could see in the water.)

Just did a set of tests...
FC 3
CC less than 0.5 (I did a 10ml sample and I think it would've turned with half a drop)
PH 7.2
TA 90
CYA 40 (low per app)
CA 30

So... When should I put SWG back down to 50%?

And should I go ahead and add stabilizer?

If i keep seeing progress... I'll be happy. I've got 2 days basically. Wed is back in the 90s and if it's safe to get in, we gotta break her in.

As always appreciate the help

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.