Sand and dirt

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Never mind I found it on the side... Omg I really appreciate your help
It took me a while to figure out what I was doing after leaving the pool store. You'll soon find that you'll save a lot of $$ instead of dropping $100+ dollars on Saturday mornings trying to get your pool right with their readings. I'm convinced the pool store wants your pool readings to be off just a bit so they can push product on you.

It took me a while to figure out what I was doing after leaving the pool store. You'll soon find that you'll save a lot of $$ instead of dropping $100+ dollars on Saturday mornings trying to get your pool right with their readings. I'm convinced the pool store wants your pool readings to be off just a bit so they can push product on you.
Winner Winner

Reactions: Erin 36
Man I hope I can get this sorted out for sure!! And I love saving money lol

My FC is 18
CC 0.6
CYA 50
TA 90
PH 8.0 with this kit, digitally got 8.0 as well
Your PH is high
TA is on the upper end of the acceptable range, but lowering the PH will help bring this down also
CYA is ok...but closer to the upper end of the preferred range

To get your PH down, you will need to add 23oz. of 31.45% 20 degree baume muraitic acid while the pump is running ( I would do about 10oz at a time and pour it slowly in front of a return) Note: Since it is reading 8 and we don't know how much higer...could be 8.5. After you add this initial amount I would wait a day and check it again and then add more if needed.

To perform a SLAM with a CYA of 50, you will need to maintain a FC level of 20 over an extended period. This weekend will be a great time, provided you don't have to work. You will want to check the FC multiple times per day and keep it at 20. Use pool math page setup for 18K pool to determine how much to add to get to your target...for example it shows you need to add 75oz of 6% bleach to go from 18 to 20.

You can use the webpage:
PoolMath

Or you can install the app on your phone (recommended):
PoolMath - Trouble Free Pool

Follow the SLAM procedure SLAM - Shock Level and Maintain - Trouble Free Pool

You will want to run your pump all the time and may need to clean your filter often. I have never done this with a cartridge filter...so maybe others will chime in.

So I need to add even more chlorine?! Ok! I bought bleach and am at your graces.

How long do I need to keep it at 20? I read about it but it's a lot to absorb. I know we'll have to do the night test.

I just turned my SWG off, is that right?

Y'all are awesome, I really appreciate the help

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.