Saltwater Aurora all-resin pool build thread!

Get as many pics as you can for spring SLAM season if you haven’t cleaned the stairs already. It will help hammer the point home when they don’t want to take out the stairs but the algae keeps coming back.

Good idea... haven’t cleaned yet, so I’ll be sure to take gross pictures!

I have these steps, and I just took the two sections apart so I can drain any water out of the side that was in the pool. GROSS!! Green slimy water - ick! Will be thoroughly cleaning them before use in new pool, and I may have to drill a few holes to allow better circulation.

View attachment 176626
I’m thinking about buying those exact steps. Do you think they are big/sturdy enough for my 6 month old Golden Retriever to climb and get in the pool? LOL!!

Oh definitely, if the dog is ok with stairs. And the clasp on the gate is high enough to prevent him from figuring out how to open when you aren’t supervising!

• Love
Reactions: thefloatqueen
Oh definitely, if the dog is ok with stairs. And the clasp on the gate is high enough to prevent him from figuring out how to open when you aren’t supervising!
Not sure how good he is with stairs yet — we will have to work on it. I really hope he will love swimming in the pool because he has so much energy lol! Goldens are known for loving water/swimming so I’m optimistic. Ideally, I want to expand our deck to the pool but that likely won’t be done for another year or two. He’s a big goofball and not really afraid of anything so I’m sure he will figure out a way to get in the pool lol!!

Not sure how good he is with stairs yet — we will have to work on it. I really hope he will love swimming in the pool because he has so much energy lol! Goldens are known for loving water/swimming so I’m optimistic. Ideally, I want to expand our deck to the pool but that likely won’t be done for another year or two. He’s a big goofball and not really afraid of anything so I’m sure he will figure out a way to get in the pool lol!!

I’m a hovering nervous Nellie when it comes to my dogs - I would make it impossible for him to get in if you aren’t right there. Even dogs that are great swimmers can tire out quickly and not be able to pull themselves out. (I run a greyhound rescue group and one of our members had a dog that drowned in his pool 😢 several years ago.)

Yeah..... exactly. So when we get the people who think it’s too much trouble to clean them from their swamp..... your good water stairs pics might help convince them. Thank you Miss
(y)

Reactions: thefloatqueen
I’m a hovering nervous Nellie when it comes to my dogs - I would make it impossible for him to get in if you aren’t right there. Even dogs that are great swimmers can tire out quickly and not be able to pull themselves out. (I run a greyhound rescue group and one of our members had a dog that drowned in his pool 😢 several years ago.)
Oh of course!!!! He would never be allowed in there unattended!! I am very cautious with the fur babies!

Behold the gross. And this was in a pool that was pristine! 🤢

View attachment 176663
“Drill Baby Drill!”
🤣Definitely get u some extra holes in them thangs - i have drilled a bagillion holes in mine in specific places & after much trial & error I think i finally have enough to make cleaning/flow easier. Time will tell.... i have those big wedding cake stairs & used a hole saw. Now i can shove a a bottle brush in the holes & scrub the evil lip around the bottom while they r still in the pool.

Reactions: Newdude

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
“Drill Baby Drill!”
🤣Definitely get u some extra holes in them thangs - i have drilled a bagillion holes in mine in specific places & after much trial & error I think i finally have enough to make cleaning/flow easier. Time will tell.... i have those big wedding cake stairs & used a hole saw. Now i can shove a a bottle brush in the holes & scrub the evil lip around the bottom while they r still in the pool.

Nothing on my steps is big enough to accommodate a hole saw!

I wonder how many holes before the strength is compromised...

Nothing on my steps is big enough to accommodate a hole saw!

I wonder how many holes before the strength is compromised...

there are a couple posts on here where people have either filled those kind so no water gets in or drilled more holes (with a normal bit 🤣)
If u fill/ plug then u gotta have more weights so they don’t float.
If u drill holes - I would maybe also try to make an access hole so u can pour diluted chlorine in once in a while throughout the season 🤷‍♀️
then just pull them completely & clean thoroughly @ the beginning & end of the
season.
I have been known to use one of those long cheap water cannons to shoot bleach water in the holes at the bottom of mine 🤪

I have been known to use one of those long cheap water cannons to shoot bleach water in the holes at the bottom of mine
The rules of redneck engineering are simple.
1) if it looks stupid but works, its not stupid
2) free is the best fix (already have blasters)
3) Safety 3rd.
(y)(y)

• Haha
Reactions: Mdragger88
there are a couple posts on here where people have either filled those kind so no water gets in or drilled more holes (with a normal bit 🤣)
If u fill/ plug then u gotta have more weights so they don’t float.
If u drill holes - I would maybe also try to make an access hole so u can pour diluted chlorine in once in a while throughout the season 🤷‍♀️
then just pull them completely & clean thoroughly @ the beginning & end of the
season.
I have been known to use one of those long cheap water cannons to shoot bleach water in the holes at the bottom of mine 🤪

I’m thinking holes at top so bleach water can be shot in from above!

Reactions: Mdragger88

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.