Salt test?

Ok. I've done the Taylor test twice now and it comes out the same 4000. I'm using a Hayward cell and controller. It gives me a process to recalibrate. I'm not sure it will go that high but if it does it will read minerals as too high. Should I turn off the cell for a while and retest every week or so till it drops to normal levels or do I need to empty some of the water and refill? Not sure what to do here. What do you think?

If the Hayward cell is working, leave it.

However, I believe you are very near needing a new cell. Can you post the diagnostics from the cell?

@JamesW can help us out.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Someone else took the sample down for me and he tossed the paper because it didn't have anything for me to add. So...all I know is it wasn't very far off 3200 or they would have had me add. I'll probably just wait till next month retest and see where I'm at then. Thanks

Have it checked again. When in doubt, I always get 3 independent salinity tests to be sure.

Maybe make a standard sample with exactly 3 grams of salt in 1 liter of water and test that.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.