Lake Charles, Louisiana
Pool Size
Surface
Vinyl
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Hayward Aqua Rite (T-15)
I have someone confused I don’t know what to trust? I have a Hayward Goldline Prologic that is giving me a salt reading a 3100. I also have a Taylor K – 1766 salt test kit which is giving me a salt level of 3800. I went to Leslie‘s pool today and from their test kit I am getting 2651. What should I trust? Thanks in advance

I have someone confused I don’t know what to trust? I have a Hayward Goldline Prologic that is giving me a salt reading a 3100. I also have a Taylor K – 1766 salt test kit which is giving me a salt level of 3800. I went to Leslie‘s pool today and from their test kit I am getting 2651. What should I trust? Thanks in advance
Not Leslie’s and not the SWG. The tests have a tolerance of +\- 200ppm anyway. If your SWG isn’t complaining there don’t worry about it. Go swimming.

+1 for the Taylor kit. Just to confirm: the Taylor salt test is a little different from other types of pool water tests. You count the drops and stop counting on the first drop that permanently changes the color to that brick red. You might see flashes of the deeper color before that, which then fade away, but that's not it. You keep dropping/counting. And you might be able to keep adding drops to get a deeper brick color after it first changes, but that's too far. The very first time the color changes and sticks, that's the end of the test.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.