Salt or chlorine

Exactly! And you're going to love having the SWCG. I left for vacation for 2 weeks last year and the SWCG did its work. I can't think of any other automatic way to do that.

Pre-Covid, if I didn't have anyone house/dog sitting, I either came back to algae in the pool or through the roof CYA from using tablets. I can't say one was preferable to the other as far as the work to rectify the issue. I'd been thinking I'd do this eventually, and when my tablet feeder exploded during the freeze (and nothing else, thankfully), I took it as a sign that it was meant to be.

Reactions: Casey
Yeah the Cells do wear out.. and how long you get out of a cell really depends on your water condition and the environment you run it in.

Let's figure the warranty of most cells as the life span that a manufacture expects you will get out them, most are 3-5 years. And if you average the cost of the chlorine usage over those 5 years you will find you just about broke even. But the replacement cell is only going to be the cell not the whole thing with the controller. So that should be cheaper. And if your cell lasts longer than 5 years anything after that is free chlorine. I got 9 years out of my first cell and by that measure I got 4 years of free chlorine. My second Cell is on year 7 and I paid that one off in the first two years.. the replacement cell was a fifth of the cost of the whole set up.. so I am going on 5 years of free chlorine with number two. I can only tell you my experience.. yours may be different.
What swg do u have?

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.