Philadelphia
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Pentair Intellichlor IC-60
Curious - is there a way to see what the Intellichlor IC60 is reading for salt level without a smart panel? For example, is there a diagnostic mode that will display lights a certain way, etc? Thank you.

Not that I know of. And one should not really rely on the readout of a SWCG for salinity in pool water. Use a Taylor K1766 for that.

If it’s below 2,800 or over 4,500, you’ll get a warning light. No exact reading.
Thanks. I actually got a warning light yesterday. My kit is at 3000 ppm. Today, no light. I think it was just because I had my breakers off yesterday and then flipped them back on. Maybe just a quirk. Warning light off for now.

An ICXX tests for conductivity and temperature (that it then equates to a salinity) at power up and then in 12 hours, if running that long in one span. So if for any reason you get a low salinity slug of water at that time, the ICXX will go into low salt mode until it cycles again.

An ICXX tests for conductivity and temperature (that it then equates to a salinity) at power up and then in 12 hours, if running that long in one span. So if for any reason you get a low salinity slug of water at that time, the ICXX will go into low salt mode until it cycles again.
Good info.

You can try the Pentair IntelliWand app for Android, it will tell you alot. It's hit and miss based on the Android version that you have on your phone. I can get it to work on an old version on a tablet that has 7 but not on anything newer than 9 and will not work on Windows 10 that is x64.

Last edited:
You can try the Pentair IntelliWand app for Android, it will tell you alot. It's hit and miss based on the Android version that you have on your phone. I can get it to work on an old version on a tablet that has 7 but not on anything newer than 9.
iPhone user. That said, how does the phone connect to it? Directly to the Intellichlor power system? I have a very very old PDA style automation system.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Neat, thanks. I would go try it now but it's raining. Will check it out in the morning (they have an iphone app).
Tried this and the app didn’t detect anything when I “pulled down” on the main screen. And I can’t find any reference to the ICxx being Bluetooth capable.

The Intelliwand is Bluetooth capable. Only authorized Pentair technicians can get them. The app is worthless without the Intelliwand

Reactions: Pperc
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.