Summit Hill, PA
Pool Size
Surface
Vinyl
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Hayward Aqua Rite (T-3)
Just fired up our brand new pool yesterday at 4pm. Add 400 pounds of salt per the table in the Aqua Rite book and have been running the pump at full power. This morning the salt level shows 4000 ppm. I'm confused. We were like 27 pounds light on the salt and it still shows that high? Does it need to be on a certain amount of time to properly calibrate itself?

Did you test the existing salinity of your pool water? Nearly all water has some salt in it. Also if any liquid chlorine, muriatic acid, or some other chemicals have been added since filling they will have added salt too.

Pool volume may also be off. We recommend you always start by adding only 1/2-2/3 of the salt needed, fully mix, and then test to see what is needed to reach your salinity goal.

There was very little salt on the initial test. We did add 2 gallons of liquid shock as well. Will the level come down a bit as is all circulated and I'm producing chlorine or will I have to drain some and add fresh water?

The AquaRite does not like high salt levels. You do not show where Summit Hill is but if you get rain, drain some of the water off before a rain. You do not show what kind of filter you have, but if you back wash it will remove some of the high salt water.

The SWCG does not consume the salt.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.