Salt Cell Stand for Jandy Aquapure?

I use a skinny bucket... I made the mistake one year of using a bucket with a small leak in it and I put on the top step.. my plaster didn't like that.

Do you mix your own acid mix or just buy something like this

How often do you do it?

Edit: Found the Jandy drain caps, bought 2 of them so I can seal up the Cell and pour directly into it, for anyone wondering.

Last edited:
I make my own.. just dilute some MA in water, 4 parts water to 1 part acid.. Always pour the acid into the water, not the other way around. Let it sit until it stops bubbling . I've tried various things, like different diameter buckets, plugging the end of the cell and suspending it in a a bucket of water so my acid wash is more on the inside of the cell and less on the outside. I take the used acid wash and dump it in my pool. Unless I have a reason to I only acid wash it once a year.

I just taped one end of my IC60 and would refill for whatever slowly leaked out. Kept telling myself I’d take it to the plumbing supply one day and make a cap for it but never got there. This year I looked it up trying to find the sizing to make one and they sell pre made ones like the stand that gocubs posted. Pentair makes a cap and a stand. Yours is all in one. Anyway $17 and it was delivered the next day. 6 years I covered myself in acid rain pulling off the tape job. Should have googled it on day 1. The ultimate kicker is I also had to replace the IC60 and 2 weeks later the new one came with 2 caps. Now I have 3 sitting in my garage that sit there making fun of me. Feast or famine I guess.

Reactions: gocubs418
I make my own.. just dilute some MA in water, 4 parts water to 1 part acid.. Always pour the acid into the water, not the other way around. Let it sit until it stops bubbling . I've tried various things, like different diameter buckets, plugging the end of the cell and suspending it in a a bucket of water so my acid wash is more on the inside of the cell and less on the outside. I take the used acid wash and dump it in my pool. Unless I have a reason to I only acid wash it once a year.

Thanks for the tip. I found two drain caps online so I decided just to buy that so I can contain the liquid inside the cell.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
I just taped one end of my IC60 and would refill for whatever slowly leaked out. Kept telling myself I’d take it to the plumbing supply one day and make a cap for it but never got there. This year I looked it up trying to find the sizing to make one and they sell pre made ones like the stand that gocubs posted. Pentair makes a cap and a stand. Yours is all in one. Anyway $17 and it was delivered the next day. 6 years I covered myself in acid rain pulling off the tape job. Should have googled it on day 1. The ultimate kicker is I also had to replace the IC60 and 2 weeks later the new one came with 2 caps. Now I have 3 sitting in my garage that sit there making fun of me. Feast or famine I guess.

Thanks! I just found the drain caps solution myself for the Jandy. I am going to use those. Its a new cell (less than a year) so I figure its worth the peace of mind.

However, I am considering going with that Bioguard Saltscapes to clean it.

Reactions: Newdude
FWIW, I just ordered the parts from amazon. The part # for the plug itself is: A0120200, but you also need the nut, part #A0578900. Or... you can use the plug+nut kit (the plug is different but achieves the same purpose), part # R0523000.

Note that you need two of those because, according to the manual, you should cover the two adjacent ports, as opposed to only covering the outlet port of the SWG cell.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.